Texaco Station

mrs potts

Just a warning to all fellow drivers - my husband got gas this morning at the Mattawoman/Beantown Texaco and his car stopped running a few minutes later.  After being towed and the problem diagnosed, it was discovered that there was water in the gas.  This is a very serious repair so please, inform everyone you know to avoid this station!

DarbyOhara

Musician
Mrs Potts... I worked as a agent for the Treasury dept from 88 till 92.  During that time we done an extensive audit on the many big-named fuel companies and their operations.  It was a fact that many do have water in their gas and many trickle the high grade into the low grade.  There is no way to tell who is doing what anymore.  Best I can suggest is to pour an additive in your tank every tank full or so....  I am not a engine mechanic, but from what I understand, that will resolve most of the water-in-the-gas problems.  I just wanted to say that it's not just one station or one company... most of them are guilty...  once caught, they got the bucks to pay the fines, interest adjustments and penalties...  Sorry for you demise with the engine though......

tugboater

Miller Tang Soo Do Rocks
Sound's like they just got done filling there tanks up to me.I work on oil barges.I've been told by people when you see them fill there tank's up don't get gas there for at least two day to let all the trash and water that is sitting on the bottom is stirred.For myself if I pull into a gas sataion to get gas and they are filling there tank I won't get gas there.

robbie

This happened to me about a month ago. Got gas at Safeway and vehicle broke down next morning, the garage told me thats what it was acting like. Got additive and switched to high octane. The mech. also said to stay away when they are filling the tanks. Went to PA two weeks ago, got home and same thing happened. Had to run that tank out, add dry gas and put in high octane. So it really can happen anywhere you get gas. Just a major pain in the kester to have the car trouble.
Mech. did say if the water gets into the fuel filter it can take some time to work out.

heavenly was

i'm real sorry this thread showed up in the 'related threads' category from something else i was reading. I didnt realize it was soo old haha!?

K

Kain99

OMG! Thsi reminds me. I have a beautiful intelligent 20 year old daughter who intentionally added water to her gas tank because she was running low and fuel and thougt she could stretch it. No lie! :lmao:

PrepH4U

DarbyOhara said:
Mrs Potts... I worked as a agent for the Treasury dept from 88 till 92.  During that time we done an extensive audit on the many big-named fuel companies and their operations.  It was a fact that many do have water in their gas and many trickle the high grade into the low grade.  There is no way to tell who is doing what anymore.  Best I can suggest is to pour an additive in your tank every tank full or so....  I am not a engine mechanic, but from what I understand, that will resolve most of the water-in-the-gas problems.  I just wanted to say that it's not just one station or one company... most of them are guilty...  once caught, they got the bucks to pay the fines, interest adjustments and penalties...  Sorry for you demise with the engine though......
It was a fact that many do have water in their gas and many trickle the high grade into the low grade.

question- how would giving you higher grade instead of the lower grade be cheating us or harm our car? :shrug:

Otter

Nothing to see here
PrepH4U said:
It was a fact that many do have water in their gas and many trickle the high grade into the low grade.

question- how would giving you higher grade instead of the lower grade be cheating us or harm our car? :shrug:

You really expect an answer from Durby?

MMDad

Lem Putt
Qurious said:
i would sue the gas station for damages.
:rolleyes: Of course you would. $40 for a tow, $100 to drain and refill your gas tank, maybe even $50 more for a new filter.

You'd try to sue for $190? What would you do, split the proceeds with Johnnie Cochran? "Here Johnny, here's yo' $95! We winned!"

heavenly was

MMDad said:
:rolleyes: Of course you would. $40 for a tow, $100 to drain and refill your gas tank, maybe even $50 more for a new filter.

You'd try to sue for $190? What would you do, split the proceeds with Johnnie Cochran? "Here Johnny, here's yo' $95! We winned!"

Why would a Wookiee, an eight-foot tall Wookiee, want to live on Endor, with a bunch of two-foot tall Ewoks? That does not make sense! But more important, you have to ask yourself: What does this have to do with this case? Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this case! It does not make sense! Look at me. I'm a lawyer defending a major record company, and I'm talkin' about Chewbacca! Does that make sense? Ladies and gentlemen, I am not making any sense! None of this makes sense! And so you have to remember, when you're in that jury room deliberatin' and conjugatin' the Emancipation Proclamation, does it make sense? No! Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, it does not make sense! If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit! The defense rests.

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
mrs potts said:
Just a warning to all fellow drivers - my husband got gas this morning at the Mattawoman/Beantown Texaco and his car stopped running a few minutes later.  After being towed and the problem diagnosed, it was discovered that there was water in the gas.  This is a very serious repair so please, inform everyone you know to avoid this station!

Are you talking about the Shell station where the Dash In is? I live off of Mattawoman Beantown and the only gas station is at the intersection of Mattawoman and St.Charles Parkway. Sorry for the bad gas. You should try wheel coming off at 80 MPH after tire rotation, but thats a different thread. :popcorn:

willie

flomaster said:
Are you talking about the Shell station where the Dash In is? I live off of Mattawoman Beantown and the only gas station is at the intersection of Mattawoman and St.Charles Parkway. Sorry for the bad gas. You should try wheel coming off at 80 MPH after tire rotation, but thats a different thread. :popcorn:
It was there in March of 2002.