It smelled like fish

Pete

Repete
Got a couple Orange Roughy fillets at McKays they didn't smell bad, just like fish. Baked them with yellow squash, zuchinni and onions, butter and Old Bay.

Got them out and we were eating when I smelled amonia. :confused: Investigated and despite tasting fine it was the fish. Boy is now eating a bagel. :ohwell:

Got a couple Orange Roughy fillets at McKays they didn't smell bad, just like fish. Baked them with yellow squash, zuchinni and onions, butter and Old Bay.

Got them out and we were eating when I smelled amonia. :confused: Investigated and despite tasting fine it was the fish. Boy is now eating a bagel. :ohwell:

Ewww..... I had gotten some frozen fish there a couple of years ago. Open the package up and started to cook it... smelled like fuel oil.. must have gotten contaminated in the bilge of the boat.

Pete

Repete
Ewww..... I had gotten some frozen fish there a couple of years ago. Open the package up and started to cook it... smelled like fuel oil.. must have gotten contaminated in the bilge of the boat.

I ate about half of mine before I figured it out so if I don't post tomorrow send help.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

There is a reason I don't shop there for that sort of thing. Hope you two don't come up ill.

Pete

Repete
There is a reason I don't shop there for that sort of thing. Hope you two don't come up ill.

Me too, Boy has a game tomorrow. He can't tackle if he is in the porta john. It was the McKays in LT.

I also bought some rockfish that is going back tomorrow. GRRRRR

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Me too, Boy has a game tomorrow. He can't tackle if he is in the porta john. It was the McKays in LT.

I also bought some rockfish that is going back tomorrow. GRRRRR

The bagel should help him bulk, or bind, up. :lol:

kbeachcat123

Jack Russells RULE!
I don't like McKays. Their radio jingle seems to stick in your brain. "It always pays to shop at McKays .... McKays! Food Store!!" Arrrggh. Thank god I live in Calvert County - don't have to hear that jingle. Hope you guys are ok. If not, I suspect < lawsuit >

Vince

Had some Cajin style catfish filets tonight from Foodlion. :yum: They were great along with some curly fries and broccoli in cheese sauce.

kbeachcat123

Jack Russells RULE!
I don't like McKays. Their radio jingle seems to stick in your brain. "It always pays to shop at McKays .... McKays! Sh$t Store!!" Arrrggh. Thank god I live in Calvert County - don't have to hear that jingle. Hope you guys are ok. If not, I suspect < lawsuit >

:fixed:

P

Patch Tuesday

The 11 o'clock news had a nice expose on fish/seafood about a month ago. The broadcast stated if quote "fish smelled like fish, it was at best not fresh, and maybe not good."

Sorry about your luck, bro...

:popcorn:

P

Patch Tuesday

You're in luck, the vid is online...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20895552/

:popcorn: