potato Guns

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
I am interested in building a potato gun. Any recommendations on building plans?

Simplest to build is the hairspray/BBQ igniter.

Most powerful is compressed air/solenoid valve.

I built all of mine out of plain jane PVC pipe of various sizes.

R

Rienell

Should you tire of potatoes, you should also consider cucumbers, zuchinni and other vegetables of similar size which will bring a pleasant and refreshing color variety to your unsuspecting target.

ginwoman

I wish my brother wasn't so sick with Parkinson's, etc, because before he got so bad off he built a potato gun and was so proud of it. We all saved our rotton tater's for him.

Ponytail

BE careful with these. They ARE considered to be illegal in most areas.

That being said, I have a certain friend that has a pretty extreme interest in all things inolving fire and things that go "boom". His hand held potato guns launch potatos well over 200 yards, and cause severe damage to Pressure Treated wood fences. :angel:

Save potatos by cutting them in half. Save the "barrel" by skinning the tators first. And Automotive Ether (Quik Start) is slightly more potent than hairspray and seems to still create minimal pressures that the PVC can withstand...from what I've been told. :whistle:

BE careful with these. They ARE considered to be illegal in most areas.

That being said, I have a certain friend that has a pretty extreme interest in all things inolving fire and things that go "boom". His hand held potato guns launch potatos well over 200 yards, and cause severe damage to Pressure Treated wood fences. :angel:

Save potatos by cutting them in half. Save the "barrel" by skinning the tators first. And Automotive Ether (Quik Start) is slightly more potent than hairspray and seems to still create minimal pressures that the PVC can withstand...from what I've been told. :whistle:

I've heard that a little shot of O2 helps whichever propellent you go with.

ImnoMensa

I've tried everything that will go bang including, Aceteline, gasoline,ether, and the hair spray is as good as anything. The cheaper the better.

The propellant filled cans of hair spray allow the operator to get the right mixture with some experimentation. Too rich it doesnt go far, to lean it doesnt light.