New Hotel

SmallTown

Football season!
Anyone know anything about the new Fairfield Inn and Conference Center being built? Size, what it will have, etc? Is it going to actually be a conference center, or just a couple of small conference rooms with multimedia capabilities. if it is a true Conference Center, the base wouldn't seem to have enough business to keep it busy which means people from out of the area will have to be using it. I wonder if there are more plans to spruce up the area with more places to eat and/or shopping. You can't have people come to an area that offers little more than the conference (lets be honest, business travel is 1/2 business, 1/2 getting out of the office and enjoying it). I mean, how many people actually get excited when they hear they are going to travel to ridgecrest,ca.

They just put the damons in, and I used to see a sign in front of the extended stay about an oyster bar or something going in. But that was a long time ago and I havn't heard anything about it recently.

I feel that since the 235 expansion is wrapping up, the next step for the county commisioners will be to spruce up the store fronts along 235, especially the LP area. We already have a stoplight every 5 feet, should go ahead and give us a good reason to have all the lights. Just imagine the area with some nice tree lined sidewalks, small tree filled grass areas mixed throughout the area, and modern store fronts.. It could really be a nice area, one that would attact the business groups to the conference center.