Ricing potatoes

What is this? I know there is a device that does it, but I don't think I want to buy one just for this one time recipe. What would be a close second? I was thinking grating. It's for potato dumplings.
Thanks.

MMDad

Lem Putt
What is this? I know there is a device that does it, but I don't think I want to buy one just for this one time recipe. What would be a close second? I was thinking grating. It's for potato dumplings.
Thanks.

You boil potatoes then put them in a press with holes about the diameter of rice. It essentially gives you mashed potatoes, but some people feel there is a difference in texture that makes it worthwhile.

You could just push the potatoes through a strainer or colander.

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
You boil potatoes then put them in a press with holes about the diameter of rice. It essentially gives you mashed potatoes, but some people feel there is a difference in texture that makes it worthwhile.

or he could put his teeth back in and chew :lmao:

:yay: