Mass resizing software

Jameo

What?!
I need something to resize batches of photos so I'm not resizing pictures one by one or uploading these HUGE files any more! :jameo: HELP!

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
I was just thinking about that yesterday....I want something that I can resize a bunch at one time....Let me know if you find something....

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You can do batch resizing in Photoshop with the Automate Batch function.

Let me know if you need instructions.

ylexot

Super Genius
I use the Microsoft Office Picture Manager. Select all the pictures you want to resize and then go to File->Export and select your options. I usually give them new names by adding "_small" to the end of the file name, do 80% JPEG compression, and resize them to 1024x768. They usually end up being <100kb from a 10MB image.

AnnieC

I second that about Picasa..free..quick and easy to use...That photoshop is a bit over the top for my level of photos!

jbr13

www.jbr.smugmug.com
Jameo, I also use Faststone. It is easy and quick. Plus you have a lot of control over what output size you want. You can select from many output options or make your own. If you download it and have any questions just let me know.

J

Jameo

What?!
Jameo, I also use Faststone. It is easy and quick. Plus you have a lot of control over what output size you want. You can select from many output options or make your own. If you download it and have any questions just let me know.

J

I actually found a program on my computer that I'm guessing came with the software bundle with my camera. Digital Photo something :shrug: Seems to work ok for what I need it for.