Crock Pot Recipes

J and M

Have any good crock pot recipes?

We are remodeling our kitchen and will be without cooking facilities for a couple of weeks. Since it's getting a little chilly to stand outside and babysit the charcoal grill, thought I'd dig out the old crock pot.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
I saw a :drool: crock pot recipe the other day that I'm dying to try...

1 26 oz can cherry pie filling
2 15 oz cans sliced pears
1 tsp almond extract
Yellow cake mix
stick of butter
one package of instant oatmeal (she used brown sugar cinnamon flavored)
slivered almonds

spray inside of crockpot sleeve with pam. Add first two ingredients (and juice); stir well. Add almond extract. Add cake mix; top with pats of butter. Sprinkle instant oatmeal over top the butter and top with slivered almonds.

Place papertowels over the sleeve and place top on crock pot (paper towels will absorb the moisture). Cook on low for 4-6 hours.

Serve with whipped topping or ice cream.

belvak

Happy Camper

We are remodeling our kitchen and will be without cooking facilities for a couple of weeks. Since it's getting a little chilly to stand outside and babysit the charcoal grill, thought I'd dig out the old crock pot.

I've gotten many from this page. Good Luck!

J and M

I saw a :drool: crock pot recipe the other day that I'm dying to try...

1 26 oz can cherry pie filling
2 15 oz cans sliced pears
1 tsp almond extract
Yellow cake mix
stick of butter
one package of instant oatmeal (she used brown sugar cinnamon flavored)
slivered almonds

spray inside of crockpot sleeve with pam. Add first two ingredients (and juice); stir well. Add almond extract. Add cake mix; top with pats of butter. Sprinkle instant oatmeal over top the butter and top with slivered almonds.

Place papertowels over the sleeve and place top on crock pot (paper towels will absorb the moisture). Cook on low for 4-6 hours.

Serve with whipped topping or ice cream.

Now that sounds good! I was wanting dessert last night, but figured it would be a while before I could bake anything. It would be ok to serve this as dinner, right? It has all the important stuff...fruit, oats, nuts :lol:

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Now that sounds good! I was wanting dessert last night, but figured it would be a while before I could bake anything. It would be ok to serve this as dinner, right? It has all the important stuff...fruit, oats, nuts :lol:

It would pass for dinner at my house. :yay: :roflmao:

lovinmaryland

This is the easiest and bestest one I have :yum:

3-5 split chicken breast
1 can rotel (I prefer spicy)
1 can chicken broth
1 packet taco seasoning
1 lime cut in quarters
1 lemon cut in quarters
3 garlic cloves
1 onion cut in slices

put everything in the crock pot cook over medium all day, then drain and save 1 cup of cooking liquid. Shred chicken and add liquid to taste serve w/ tortillas, diced tomato, diced avacado, chopped onion, and cilantro :drool:

mizteresa1965

I've got one my aunt gave me and my family absolutely loves it............it's called Calico Casserole

1 pound ground beef or turkey, browned (I usually double the entire recipe so I use a pound of each)
5 slices cooked bacon
one can drained lima beans (16oz or so)
one can drained kidney beans (16oz or so)
one can NON-drained pork and beans (16oz or so)
one small chopped onion
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1/3 cup ketchup
1 tbsp dried mustard
1/4 cup brown sugar

Mix it all together in the crock pot and simmer all day on low. I usually start the crock at 7am or so, and by 5pm, we have some good smelling and good tasting dinner. Don't let the lima beans fool you. My daughter doesn't usually like them, but she likes them in this casserole. This recipe serves 4-5. But I usually double it so we'll have leftovers. And really the only prep time, is browning the meat and cooking the bacon, everything else you can throw together while the meats are cooking. I usually have the whole thing prepared, put together and dishes done in about 40 minutes.

Mikeinsmd

Here's mine.

Last edited:

J and M

Thanks everyone! Drywall hangers just left, so I have a couple of weeks to go before my kitchen is back up and running. I'm gonna give these all a try, especially the dessert ones!

AnnieC

Toaster oven and/or one of those George Forman grills..we love ours..much faster than heating up the oven to broil something!!

J and M

I used to have a toaster oven and sold it a few years ago at a yard sale cause we never used it. Go figure :lmao:

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
Is there any other way.:smile:
Now I want that :drool:

yes.

one pot roast.
one package of taco seasoning.
one can o beer
fill with water till roast is covered.

cook on med low all day.
now meat will fall apart and makes a great taco filling:yay:

taco shells can be prepared in the microwave

Happygirl

Walking for a cure!!
Creamy Pork Roast

3-4 lb boneless pork loin
1 lg onion
fresh baby carrots
baby red potato's
3 cans Cream of Mushroom soup
3/4 cup dry white wine
8 oz sliced mushrooms

rub roast lightly with olive oil
sprinkle with your favorite seasoning (I used rosemary, garlic powder salt & Pepper)
add 1-2 TBSP olive oil to skillet brown roast on all sides
slice onion into 1/2 inch slices and place in bottom of crock pot
place roast on top of onions
add carrots & potato's

add wine to skillet, heat on med/med high until reduced by half, stir often to get all the brown bits from the roast mixed in. Add mushrooms, cook for 1 minute, add soup, and mix well.

Add this mixture to to the crock pot

cook on low for 8 - 10 hours & enjoy.

I guess this won't help much if you don't have a stove, but if you have an electric frying pan you could use that!!