World Gym Prince Frederick

vegmom

Bookseller Lady
I used to go there, not bad, had great spinning classes. I go to Olympus in Dunkirk now since I live in North Beach

They are converting the old skating rink @ Chaneyville Road into a World Gym.

Oh the many Saturday nights I was at that rink back in the day.

Khurley

World Gym in Owings

Does anyone know anything about the new one in Owings. It's not opened yet, but they have a $19.99/month special and I was wondering if anyone had details.

plex1500

Too good to be true for a new gym. Must mean he is hurting for members. I could see if he was open and ran that price for a month or so. But with the cost of build out and equipment sounds like a panic move. Sorry if i sound hard on Worlds Gym but had a bad experience wih them(owner) in the Lexinton Park location. He came in and took over a year ago down there and told everyone he was putting up all these plasma tvs and putting in ALL new equipment ,floors etc... All he has done is paint the walls and buy some spin bikes. Nothing but talk! I asked him about all the new equipment 8 months ago and he said he just got back from California picking it out and it was coming...Well nothing has come. I have gone over to Maximum and if I was you I would go with Olympus in Dunkirk if u r north its been there forever. I have only meet the owner once (think his name is Johnny) and he was very nice, talked to me for like 20 minutes. Besides I stopped by to see what the new Worlds was gonna be about the other day on my way to the mall and it seems more for advanced young football,basketball and track runners. Sorry needed to vent.

happy Holidays!

gigi6

QUOTE=plex1500;2491771]Too good to be true for a new gym. Must mean he is hurting for members. I could see if he was open and ran that price for a month or so. But with the cost of build out and equipment sounds like a panic move. Sorry if i sound hard on Worlds Gym but had a bad experience wih them(owner) in the Lexinton Park location. He came in and took over a year ago down there and told everyone he was putting up all these plasma tvs and putting in ALL new equipment ,floors etc... All he has done is paint the walls and buy some spin bikes. Nothing but talk! I asked him about all the new equipment 8 months ago and he said he just got back from California picking it out and it was coming...Well nothing has come. I have gone over to Maximum and if I was you I would go with Olympus in Dunkirk if u r north its been there forever. I have only meet the owner once (think his name is Johnny) and he was very nice, talked to me for like 20 minutes. Besides I stopped by to see what the new Worlds was gonna be about the other day on my way to the mall and it seems more for advanced young football,basketball and track runners. Sorry needed to vent.

happy Holidays![/QUOTE]

:yeahthat: Johnny is awesome and the guy at WORLD (John) is a JERK!!!!!! He has b.s.'ed everyone around! I keep hearing about all he is going to do for the gym's he is running right now. The guy does not OWN any of the World Gym's........he run's them! He is telling people he is an owner and he is NOT - he runs them! If he can lie about that - no telling what other stuff he will lie about!

Johnny, from Olympus will tell the truth - no matter what! Will continue working out at Olympus!

B

Big Fatty

QUOTE=plex1500;2491771]Too good to be true for a new gym. Must mean he is hurting for members. I could see if he was open and ran that price for a month or so. But with the cost of build out and equipment sounds like a panic move. Sorry if i sound hard on Worlds Gym but had a bad experience wih them(owner) in the Lexinton Park location. He came in and took over a year ago down there and told everyone he was putting up all these plasma tvs and putting in ALL new equipment ,floors etc... All he has done is paint the walls and buy some spin bikes. Nothing but talk! I asked him about all the new equipment 8 months ago and he said he just got back from California picking it out and it was coming...Well nothing has come. I have gone over to Maximum and if I was you I would go with Olympus in Dunkirk if u r north its been there forever. I have only meet the owner once (think his name is Johnny) and he was very nice, talked to me for like 20 minutes. Besides I stopped by to see what the new Worlds was gonna be about the other day on my way to the mall and it seems more for advanced young football,basketball and track runners. Sorry needed to vent.

happy Holidays!

:yeahthat: Johnny is awesome and the guy at WORLD (John) is a JERK!!!!!! He has b.s.'ed everyone around! I keep hearing about all he is going to do for the gym's he is running right now. The guy does not OWN any of the World Gym's........he run's them! He is telling people he is an owner and he is NOT - he runs them! If he can lie about that - no telling what other stuff he will lie about!

Johnny, from Olympus will tell the truth - no matter what! Will continue working out at Olympus![/QUOTE]

Gigi

You hit the nail on the head. John P. owes a lot of people money. He cannot afford new equipment anywhere. These gyms will likely fizzle and be sold.