Blackhawk Down and Vanilla Sky

sgtsprout

Mr. Shud da hell up
I bought both on DVD and I think both rock. Vanilla sky leaves ya hanging til the end. Have to respect a movie like that.

Ands Blackhawk down shows a little truth to the Army Rangers. A little anyways. A little gore. And nothing but fighting almost. LIttle shown strategy. But just the same a mans movie. ;-)

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Re: Blackhawk Down

Originally posted by sgtsprout

Ands Blackhawk down shows a little truth to the Army Rangers. A little anyways. A little gore. And nothing but fighting almost. LIttle shown strategy. But just the same a mans movie. ;-)
"Man's movie" sarge?...I really liked that one. Action-packed-plus!

G

giggles04

I haven't seen either movie... but now I can't wait to see them. :)

SxyPrincess

I loved Vanilla Sky. In my opinion--I thought Penelope did an excellent job in this movie and Cameron was well, just a loony. :crazy:

Definately give it a :yay:

Frank

Chairman of the Board
I felt cheated by Vanilla Sky. I mean, it was weird all the way through - but it just seemed like they pulled the ending out of nowhere - a deus ex machina. The imagery was great, and Cruise and Cruz were good - but the story wasn't clear enough so that you could actually guess what is going on.

Whenever a movie has a 'mystery', I think you should have clues to guess the answer. My dad just saw "The Bourne Identity" and DARED me to guess the ending. I think I should bet money on it.

SxyPrincess

Frank,

Sure there are clues in Vanilla Sky. Listen to voice on the alarm clock in the very beginning. At first, your fooled to believe it's Cameron's but it's actually Penelope's voice.

Secondly, about half-way through the movie, you see various clips of Tom taking medication, falling on the ground...etc. (don't want to give away too much info.) That right there show's you what happened and when the other "state of mind" began.

I had to watch it a second time to fully grab all the clues and from them, it was easier for me to figure out.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
"Vanilla Sky" sucked. Larry and I tried to watch it last night. So much for that cliffhanger ending. I caught it right about midway through. And I hate Tom Cruise, anyway - he's such an egomaniac. I about died laughing when they referred to his character as only 33! Now we KNOW you're dreaming, Tom!

Penelope Cruz was adorable, though - much too cute for Scientology Tom.

Frank

Chairman of the Board
Originally posted by vraiblonde
I about died laughing when they referred to his character as only 33! Now we KNOW you're dreaming, Tom!

He's a little older than me. How young could *I* get away with?