So who has a camper and where do you go?

yankee44

I dont personally my family does... we used to go to Beth Page camp resort.
Not big on beth page. If you are in to drunk golf cart raceing that's the place to go.

We went to the Jelly Stone in Luray 2 weeks to go for their Holloween and loved it even in the rain. We try to go 2 to 3 time a month.

leonardtowngal

Just wondering how many others are out there.

Love camping! If you want to stay local, Take It Easy Ranch is nice. There are no "frills", just good old relaxing. There are 2 ponds if you are into fishing, and a swimming pool in the summer. Point Lookout State Park is nice, if you don't mind the ghost down there! :faint:

whatever

We just got one in June, and we have been to Bethpage-that's great and wonderful for kids. Been to natural bridge, VA, and to Lancaster, PA. We have had a blast. My kids love it.

SeaRide

Beth Page camp resort.

Gambrills

Jelly Stone in Luray

Been to natural bridge, VA, and to Lancaster, PA.

Big Bend WVA. Or the Seneca Rocks area.

Been to all those places above. Too many to list here but will list some here:
Wachapreague, VA
Ocean City, MD
near Seaside NJ
Douthat State pk VA
Moomaw Lake Va
Lake Anna Va (Rocky Branch, Sturgeon, Dukes, Christopher Run etc)
John Kerr Lake aka Buggs Island lake va (many campgrounds like Occoneechee st.pk. etc)
Lake Gaston Va ( Americamps campground)
Potomac River Smallwood state park MD
Potomac River - Brunswick MD
Maples Tree (Happy Hills) campground near Gapland MD
Chickahominy River VA (few campgrounds)
near Virginia Beach VA
Goshen VA
Santee Cooper lakes in SC
West Point lake GA/AL
enough for now.

vbailey

vbailey
Deep Creek Lake Western Maryland, the camp ground in Gettysburg Pa KOA is really nice too. Been on a couple of roads trips too. Kentucky this past summer, Michigan last year. Go online and get the Woodall Book. It has many camp grounds ( all 4 and 5 star ) we use it all the time when on road trips.

yankee44

Deep Creek Lake Western Maryland, the camp ground in Gettysburg Pa KOA is really nice too. Been on a couple of roads trips too. Kentucky this past summer, Michigan last year. Go online and get the Woodall Book. It has many camp grounds ( all 4 and 5 star ) we use it all the time when on road trips.
Got the Woodalls book but sometimes word of mouth is better.

LCDj

Lou
State Park Camping

Besides all those mentioned I also recommend Westmoreland State Park in Virginia just on the other side of the Potomac River Bridge. Nice pool, good walking trails, salt and fresh water fishing (no license required) and treasure hunting (sharks teeth). Good prices too. Recommend getting a book called Trailer Life and see all the different camp grounds. A lot are within a 100 mile radius.

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
Besides all those mentioned I also recommend Westmoreland State Park in Virginia just on the other side of the Potomac River Bridge. Nice pool, good walking trails, salt and fresh water fishing (no license required) and treasure hunting (sharks teeth). Good prices too. Recommend getting a book called Trailer Life and see all the different camp grounds. A lot are within a 100 mile radius.

We got in trouble a few times at Westmoreland :lmao: