Pax River NAS Arts and Crafts Show

CatMom

Does anyone have information on the craft show at the base on December 1? I've been trying to find information on parking, admission, where the drill hall is, etc. At one time I heard that you must take a bus to the show. Where do you catch it? I assume civilians are allowed? Is there a nice variety of crafts besides the usual crocheted items, silk flower arrangements, and jewelry that everyone seems to be making? I'm trying to find unusual, hand-crafted gifts to send overseas but at so many of these shows it's always the same thing.

Many thanks to anyone who can help!

craberta

My friend went to it last year with his daughter. He got ripped off by some old woman who insisted that the 20 he gave her was a 10. She gave him his change, and when she thought he wasn't looking, she slipped the 20 into a hidey hole.

suzlshaw

Craft Fair at Pax

Does anyone have information on the craft show at the base on December 1? I've been trying to find information on parking, admission, where the drill hall is, etc. At one time I heard that you must take a bus to the show. Where do you catch it? I assume civilians are allowed? Is there a nice variety of crafts besides the usual crocheted items, silk flower arrangements, and jewelry that everyone seems to be making? I'm trying to find unusual, hand-crafted gifts to send overseas but at so many of these shows it's always the same thing.

Many thanks to anyone who can help!

The show is Sat. Dec.4th 10am-3pm I have never been but I understand it is one of the best shows around. They have over 150 artisans/crafters. No commercial stuff is allowed ( MaryKay/Tupperware etc.) They have a shuttle that will take you directly to the drill hall so no need to worry about getting on base. I'm not going to miss it!!