burned the crap out of my hand

Geek

i grabbed a pan's handle right out of the oven. now i have it in ice water, but i can not take it out or it hurts so bad. i can see the outline of the handle on my fingers and palm. what shoould i do or take?

i grabbed a pan's handle right out of the oven. now i have it in ice water, but i can not take it out or it hurts so bad. i can see the outline of the handle on my fingers and palm. what shoould i do or take?

Stay with the ice water. If it's blistering, that's 2nd degree burn. See a doc or the emerg room.

ocean733

Go to the hospital.

Or, if you're like me you won't go. Keep it in ice and wrap it up for when the blisters form.

:smack:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Yikes, my dad did that when I was younger. He put the oven mitt on his right hand, opened the oven with his right hand, and grabbed the casserole dish with his left. :jameo:

Geek

Yikes, my dad did that when I was younger. He put the oven mitt on his right hand, opened the oven with his right hand, and grabbed the casserole dish with his left. :jameo:

he and i should have a cooking show

i can't tell if it is blistering or just pruning up:bawl:

will burn cream help?

Not really. it will still hurt like heck. If it's not blistering, it's just a good burn. If it's blistering, you should get treatment right away.

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome

Open a bottle of wine and drink it while you ice the hand.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
he and i should have a cooking show
Definitely. Once, when he ran out of spaghetti sauce, he tried to make a second batch using tomato soup. Luckily his wife does the cooking now. :lol:

Oh, and once he accidentally used powdered sugar instead of flour. :roflmao:

Geek

Definitely. Once, when he ran out of spaghetti sauce, he tried to make a second batch using tomato soup. Luckily his wife does the cooking now. :lol:

Oh, and once he accidentally used powdered sugar instead of flour. :roflmao:

lolololololol that is awesome

ocean733

Not really. it will still hurt like heck. If it's not blistering, it's just a good burn. If it's blistering, you should get treatment right away.

:yeahthat:

The cream might help so it will keep it soft, but you're still going to have to go through the burn factor. You can't get around the pain and maybe blisters.

Geek

Emergency room. If you can't drive, I'll take you. Large blisters can infect easily if not treated.

Aren't you sweet! thanks, i have the hubby here to drive my foolish ass if need be. but i love you now.