I jumped the gun!

Athena1078

Social Director
Well, saw the 'great' guy again last night. Gave me "the talk" about how he doesn't want a relationship, wants to be single, his kids are his life, blah blah blah.. but still wants to hang out...He is definately a good drinking friend, but nothing more than that. I DON"T NEED ANY MORE DRINKING BUDDIES! (at least guy ones)

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Boo!!! Hiss!!!! Okay me and you have to go scope some action, and stop taking these :loser: men to heart. They are all Asinine creatures, unless they prove otherwise!
With the exception of the gentlemen on the forums of course.

Athena1078

Social Director
Sounds like a plan.. He was shorter than me too.. that is always a bad sign. I just think I need to not go pick up guys at Tiki any more. that never turns out right.

Athena1078

Social Director
Originally posted by laureng
Phooey!! Oh well...at least just like Sleuth's :loser:, your guy was honest with you. That's a plus :cool: .
Oh yeah, the honesty was great, especially when he told me he wouldn't mind "getting together" tonight....The whole friends with benefits thing

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Originally posted by Athena1078
Oh yeah, the honesty was great, especially when he told me he wouldn't mind "getting together" tonight....The whole friends with benefits thing
Wanna borrow my baseball bat? :wink:

JabbaJawz

Be about it

Depends on what you're 'down for', but I'd have told him to go fly a kite! :biggrin:

Athena1078

Social Director
I told him I would still be his friend.. That's it. Last thing I really need right now is someone with benefits, and uh.. from what I could tell woudln't be very beneficial to me.
The kicker for me is that when I start to get drunk, he looks like a short Paul Walker (Fast and Furious)
but, he definately isn't the kinda guy I would like if I saw him walking by or from across the bar.. and sober

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I have a question:

Doesn't anyone just casual date anymore? Is that a thing of the past?

Athena, why wouldn't you date him when you want, without worrying about his committment level? To me, the appropriate response to some guy saying he doesn't want a relationship is "Good".

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Originally posted by vraiblonde
I have a question:

Athena, why wouldn't you date him when you want, without worrying about his committment level? To me, the appropriate response to some guy saying he doesn't want a relationship is "Good".
Nope Vrai - that's not what he was saying. He was saying he just wants the nookie without the dating. :loser:

Pete

Repete
I told him I would still be his friend.. That's it. Last thing I really need right now is someone with benefits, and uh.. from what I could tell woudln't be very beneficial to me.
The kicker for me is that when I start to get drunk, he looks like a short Paul Walker (Fast and Furious)
but, he definately isn't the kinda guy I would like if I saw him walking by or from across the bar.. and sober

Oh yea, bash the guy now that he didn't want a commitment.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
I have a question:

Well, you already know my answer. I personally don't like to casually date. If I want to casually date, I'll go out with acquaintances. If I want someone that I want to be close to, then casually dating doesn't work for me.

Vince

Sounds like a plan.. He was shorter than me too.. that is always a bad sign.

That's right, just pick on the short guy, real nice. Someday, those of us men that are among the vertically challenged are going tell all those tall women, not matter how beautiful, where to stick it. And if it wasn't for the fact that I like tall beautiful women, I would! :killingme

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Originally posted by dpete2q
Oh yea, bash the guy now that he didn't want a commitment.

:yeahthat: excellent point!

Women are always complaining about guys who have a fear of commitment, but then they run away from guys who don't. Can't win for losin'.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Originally posted by sleuth14
Well, you already know my answer. I personally don't like to casually date. If I want to casually date, I'll go out with acquaintances. If I want someone that I want to be close to, then casually dating doesn't work for me.
Sleuth - Wake Up and Smell the Dang Coffee! You have to start by casually dating. No pressure, no stress. Then once you get to know somebody and they you and then you can move into a "relationship". You can't just say "wow I like you let's have a long term relationship". :yikes: that has creepy stalker :loser: written all over it. Back off and have fun.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Originally posted by kwillia
But how do you really get to know a person without some casual dating...:confused: A lot of people are to quick to judge someone based on a 'first impression'.

I'm an excellent judge of character.
My first impression assessments are right on about 99% of the time. I can only think of one person that I've met in the past year that I was wrong about.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Originally posted by migtig
... He was saying he just wants the nookie without the dating...
Doesn't want much does he? :roflmao:

If it worked.... What a deal! :lmao:

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Originally posted by migtig
Sleuth - Wake Up and Smell the Dang Coffee! You have to start by casually dating. No pressure, no stress. Then once you get to know somebody and they you and then you can move into a "relationship". You can't just say "wow I like you let's have a long term relationship". :yikes: that has creepy stalker :loser: written all over it. Back off and have fun.

I agree that there is a 'getting to know period' which of course you have to go through, and at any point you can back out of... no pressure no stress.

But read my comment about first impressions. I can tell you within 2-3 dates, and usually within the first, whether or not I care to see this person again.

And even if the person is having a bad day... like I said... I'm an excellent judge of character. I have a knack for being able to spot someone who is not themself as well.

Vince

I have a question:

Athena, why wouldn't you date him when you want, without worrying about his committment level?

:yeahthat:

Just date the guy and have some fun! Quit worrying about a relationship. HAVE FUN! If you happen to start forming a serious relationship great! If not, find someone else. biggrin:

Last edited: