Perfect Mate

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
With all this talk lately about Special Reserve Lists and Indecent Proposals I was wondering what would someone have to do/be for you to consider them the "perfect" mate.

Since it's my thread I guess I have to start. The most important thing is I want a man who's a man. Kinda rough around the edges I guess. You know has tools and actually knows how to use them, will get out of bed at 5:00 in the morning and kill the spider that's in the shower for me, drinks beer not girly drinks, stuff like that. He has to be a hard worker, money is not really an issue as long as he works for what he wants and doesn't expect hand outs. Sense of humor is a must since I'm a natural born smarta$$.

Now the fun stuff... Looks... Idealy around 5'10", 180#s (not huge but firm), dark hair and eyes. Facial hair is a plus, or the shaved every other day look. Dresses like a man, jeans/shorts and t-shirts. No preppy boys for me. Try to contain the laughter here but he has to have decent looking feet. Feet are soooo my pet peave. Nasty feet = hit the road, lol.

What about you guys.

B

Beach Patrol

MY HUSBAND

This is easy - I'll just describe my husband:

Tho manly - sweats & swaggers & just call him Rhett Butler; he's also very sweet & kind & generous - will definitely get outta bed at 5am to kill a spider in the shower for me! In fact, has done so! - can use power tools & cologne, & at the same time; looks good in boxer shorts OR briefs! - is sports savvy, humorous, always willing to save-the-damsel-in-distress kind, brings home the bacon AND fries it up in the pan - keeps up the yard, the cars, and even washes dishes... pets & pampers me, & gives me my heart's desire... all while looking like a dreamboat... 5'10'' 180 pounds, great tan, blue eyes, dark hair, clean shaven, and the tighest, sweetest hairy butt God ever gave a man!!!!

:D :D :D

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by pixiegirl
The most important thing is I want a man who's a man. Kinda rough around the edges I guess. You know has tools and actually knows how to use them, will get out of bed at 5:00 in the morning and kill the spider that's in the shower for me, drinks beer not girly drinks, stuff like that. He has to be a hard worker, money is not really an issue as long as he works for what he wants and doesn't expect hand outs.
You just described my husband to a T! I like the same thing too. He may not be an Adonis, but heck, I think he's handsome, especially since we have been together so long now (8.5 years)and he is very sweet.

I know that we didn't have a chance to really meet at the party, but we all saw eachother. I think some people are taken aback at his appearance because he is a big biker type (except for that dumb shirt he had on :p ) In real life, he's a big giant teddy bear and is SOOO wrapped around our daughters finger, its not even funny!

And it depends on how they treat their Mother. I think that shows how you will be treated too.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by joeyinlexpark
I fart in bed, so I expect the same from my perfect woman!! :lmao: Since there is no such thing as a perfect companion, I cant answer that question.

Ah but someone does not have to be "perfect" to be perfect for you.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
My husband is my perfect companion. I actually placed an order for him in the AOL personals so I got what I wanted :lol:

G

giggles04

My perfect mate.... wow... I don't know how exactly to answer that. But here goes nothing....

He loves me for me.... becomes not only my love but my best friend. Can sit there and talk about nothing... but still have the best time in the world. He takes care of me, and makes me smile when I'm so down (about my foot).... he's there for me to vent out to, and tries to make me feel better. He gives the best hugs, and back rubs. He's a big teddy bear.... and has eyes that I can just stare into for hours. Don't really care about the haircut... or the facial hair (though I say I do).... just so we have some fun:) And he'll drink Pucker with me anyday!:) That is my honey:)

firefighter6

Originally posted by giggles04
My perfect mate.... wow... I don't know how exactly to answer that. But here goes nothing....

He loves me for me.... becomes not only my love but my best friend. Can sit there and talk about nothing... but still have the best time in the world. He takes care of me, and makes me smile when I'm so down (about my foot).... he's there for me to vent out to, and tries to make me feel better. He gives the best hugs, and back rubs. He's a big teddy bear.... and has eyes that I can just stare into for hours. Don't really care about the haircut... or the facial hair (though I say I do).... just so we have some fun:) And he'll drink Pucker with me anyday!:) That is my honey:)

:blushing: :cheers: :blushing:

SxyPrincess

Pixie,

Geesh, this is a trick question but I'll try and answer. :D

I love dark hair and beautiful teeth. :D The first thing I usually notice about a guy is his jaw line. (Don't ask) Anyhow...the bigger, the better meaning I like em between 5'10'' and 6'2'' and at least 180 lbs.

The Tim McGraw look-a-like facial hair is a plus!!!! My perfect guy must drive a pick-up or an SUV; no girlie 4-door sedan. :lol: (unless of course it's a Benz) :bubble: He must enjoy cooking on the grill (and has his own chicken marinade.) :yum:

My perfect man shouldn't be afraid to show his feelings however, I don't want Mr. Sensitive "oh, I love you so much and would die without you type.

I'm sure there's more but I'll have to think about it.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
My perfect man shouldn't be afraid to show his feelings however, I don't want Mr. Sensitive "oh, I love you so much and would die without you type.

:barf: I totally agree. I've had those types before and sometimes I just wanted to smack them!

G

giggles04

Originally posted by bknarw
There is no such thing as a perfect mate.

Yeah, no one is truly a "perfect mate" I guess.... but some can be mighty close.

B

Beach Patrol

There is no such thing as a perfect mate.

NOT TRUE. Cause I've got mine! - He isn't a perfect MAN (nobody's perfect) but he IS the perfect man FOR ME :D :D

This is what I'm thinkin!

AnonymousPenguin

Lead Penguin
I'm agreeing with the guys (joe and BK)

...there is no such thing... but we can always dream...;)

I say there is no such thing... because there is no perfect anything.

I don't feel it is possible for any mate to be and do everything exactly the way you want everytime. Hence, no perfect mate.

I'm sure eveyone has been thru times where they wanted to kick the crap out of their so-called "perfect" mate. :cool:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
BK, let me give you an emphatic "YES THERE IS!" I think it was Sharon in another thread that said you have to know yourself and what you want before you can find your mate - she's right. If you have no idea what you're looking for, well duh! You're never going to find it.

There is, in fact, a seat for every butt. But if you want a comfy recliner but all you ever sit on are bentwood rockers, you're never going to find the right seat for your particular butt.

SxyPrincess

Originally posted by vraiblonde

There is, in fact, a seat for every butt. But if you want a comfy recliner but all you ever sit on are bentwood rockers, you're never going to find the right seat for your particular butt.

...and twice as many sausages. :roflmao:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Penguin, just because you get annoyed with your mate doesn't mean they're not perfect for you. When you live with someone it's inevitable that you're going to get bent with them from time to time. I wouldn't be interested in having a husband that we agreed on everything all the time - I'd have to pick a fight with him to keep it interesting.
:lol:

But there are people who want to live in perfect harmony with their mate so they look for the person who will provide that. I have friends like that - they never fight or get irritated with each other. It's unnatural, if you ask me, but it works for them.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
There is, in fact, a seat for every butt.

Except when you fly on Southwest - then it's "there's a seat (or two) for every butt." :lol:

bknarw

Attire Monitor
BK, let me give you an emphatic "YES THERE IS!" I think it was Sharon in another thread that said you have to know yourself and what you want before you can find your mate - she's right. If you have no idea what you're looking for, well duh! You're never going to find it.

I'm normally applauding you for being so "right on" all of the time, but you're definitely off on this one.
My personal theory is that there are some people who are meant to be married, and others who are not, and I just happen to be one of those people who aren't.

In addition, I know exactly what I want in a woman. The problem is that they're never what they say they are. When you first meet a woman, they say the same kinds of things you all are saying in this thread and others: "I like a guy who..." or..."I want a man who"...
Or..."I'm like this"
or..."I definitely feel that my favorite thing is..."

But, in actuality, it's NOT what you are, want, feel, or whatever.
I made the comparison before, but it's like the scene in Tootsie, when Jessica Lange outlines for "woman tootsie" what she thinks is perfect in a man, and how she'd like him to address her. Later, now as a man, Tootsie walks up to her and says those very words, and she throws a drink in his face.

This is a bad subject for me, but from pure experience, I at least feel like I know what I'm talking about.

Last edited:
B

Beach Patrol

The problem is that they're never what they say they are. When you first meet a woman, they say the same kinds of things you all are saying in this thread and others: "I like a guy who..." or..."I want a man who"...
Or..."I'm like this"
or..."I definitely feel that my favorite thing is..."

But, in actuality, it's NOT what you are, want, feel, or whatever.

Sad. Very sad. :bawl: However, I gotta tell ya, that in my own experience, I have said ''I want this or that'' and ''my favorite thing is this or that'' etc etc - & yet, a year or so later, I may NOT want this or that, and my favorite thing might have changed.... see what I'm gettin at here? Women (AND MEN) change their minds, feel differently, get bored, get excited about different things. It's like sex, see? sometimes you like it rough, sometimes soft & gentle, sometimes a quickie is fine, sometimes you better not pop until I say it's OK... you may not be able to read the signals, but that doesn't mean ''in actuality, it's NOT what you are, want, feel'' - but hey - YOU KNOW YOU better than anybody knows you & if you say you ain't a marrying kind, then you ain't.

But having chosen the WRONG husband the first time around is exactly what makes me see that I've chosen WISELY this time. And yup - he's perfect for me - that is not to say that HE is perfect, but I'm saying that he knows my moods, my feelings, is good about the things I NEED HIM to be good about, etc.

That every seat for every butt analogy is a good'un!!! :D