salvage/junk yard

bohman

I've got a busted glove box latch on a 93 LeSabre. I've gone to a couple parts stores today who didn't have a replacement and they recommended that I go to a dealer or junk yard. Dealers aren't generally useful for this sort of thing, so I need a junk yard.

I'm in L.P. - where should I go in this area? One of the clerks recommended a yard on Airport View Road. Any other suggestions?

TIA

BeenSpur'd

I love her wild,wild hair
There is one off of Flat Iron Road, you take a left onto the gravel road across from the road that goes to Cecil Park/ Valley Lee's Catholic church which leads to the road that the Valley Lee Fire House is on, can't remember the name of that road. Can't remember the name of the salvage place either but it's on the left on that dirt road about a tenth of a mile in. I'm no good with names anymore. I've gotten parts there before, hope you can find it.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Hollywood auto parts behind suburban propane, they'll let you pull the parts yourself.

bohman

Quick update - It's not easy to get parts on an older car. (I'm sure some of you know that already) I tried all the suggestions here except for Brandywine, and apparently nobody keeps cars around much older than 2000. They get sent off to be scrapped. I got the impression that Brandywine has a bigger selection, but in the meantime I visited my hometown and got the part from a big yard that I knew of there.

blazinlow89

Big Poppa
Quick update - It's not easy to get parts on an older car. (I'm sure some of you know that already) I tried all the suggestions here except for Brandywine, and apparently nobody keeps cars around much older than 2000. They get sent off to be scrapped. I got the impression that Brandywine has a bigger selection, but in the meantime I visited my hometown and got the part from a big yard that I knew of there.

Champion should have had some older stuff, they always have 1st gen s-10's, older hondas, ive even seen some old buicks, and just alot of older cars.

Next time this happens crazy rays is the place to go.