Stuffed ham soup

BeenSpur'd

I love her wild,wild hair
Does anyone have a recipe for stuffed ham soup? I saw that mckay's had it at the oyter fest.

Using a chicken broth base, chop spinach & kale, add to base with red pepper, black pepper and chopped onions. Cook until vegetables are done and add cubed ham. You can throw in some cooked, diced potatoes if you want to make it heartier. I've made it for years before I saw anyone doing it publicly. If you know someone who is cooking a stuffed ham, you can ask for some of the broth from that, put in fridge to get all the fat cold, remove the fat and then just cook the vegetables and add ham. I cook by taste and if you know the taste you desire, you can make anything....:howdy:

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Did she add just the ham, or did she also put in some of the greens mixture, too?

Everything. During holidays, she'd stuff a ham and after dinner, she'd save some of it for sammiches, but use the bulk of what was left to make her soup. To my knowledge, that was the only thing she did differently (adding stuffed ham instead of regular ham) and that stuff was the best! She even used the bone from the ham.

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
Using a chicken broth base, chop spinach & kale, add to base with red pepper, black pepper and chopped onions. Cook until vegetables are done and add cubed ham. You can throw in some cooked, diced potatoes if you want to make it heartier. I've made it for years before I saw anyone doing it publicly. If you know someone who is cooking a stuffed ham, you can ask for some of the broth from that, put in fridge to get all the fat cold, remove the fat and then just cook the vegetables and add ham. I cook by taste and if you know the taste you desire, you can make anything....:howdy:

Sounds great! I never thought of making soup from a stuff ham:drool:

AndyMarquisLIVE

Remember DiscoStu

You hillbillies crack me up :killingme :killingme :killingme

Until something affects the price of stuffed ham in southern md, you don't give a rats ass about it do ya?

Oh I am sorry, its the "Food Of The Gods" isn't it?

Well if thats the case take your damned stuffed ham and stuff it in your gas tank and see how much mileage you get!

:wench: :wench: :wench: :wench: :wench:

You hillbilles are the only people on the face of the earth who would take a perfectly good ham and RUIN it by "stuffing" it with cabbage and black pepper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think all that damned Old Bay Seasoning and 10 Oz Budweiser has screwed your brains up to the point where you think just because a half dozen idiot posters on this board agree with you that YOU ARE RIGHT!!!!!!

:lalala: Go ahead, screw the environment! Nothing any of us do affects the damned world! Nope not one bit. As long as you get your damned stuffed ham and crabcakes and paychecks from PAX River your ass doesn't give a DAMN do you????

Southern Maryland.... the land of short sighted hillbillies who 9 times out of 10 married one of their damned relatives!!

:elaine:

What a moron.

Callie girl

I know this is a stupid question,, but how does someone stuff a ham? I've never had this..I know my mom stuffs pork... That doesn't sound right, does it!!:faint:

Cut slits in a corned ham and stuff with cabbage, kale, celery and spices. Then wrap it in cheesecloth and boil it. You should give it a try, my family loves it.