Fresh pumpkin

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
OMG! :yum: it's delicious.

I just put my 2nd batch of pumpkin chunks (plain) in the pressure cooker. I've already got plenty for pies and pumpkin bread, then I'm going to eat the rest while it's still warm.

I know it's easier to open a can of Libby's but this is so much tastier. :drool:

OMG! :yum: it's delicious.

I just put my 2nd batch of pumpkin chunks (plain) in the pressure cooker. I've already got plenty for pies and pumpkin bread, then I'm going to eat the rest while it's still warm.

I know it's easier to open a can of Libby's but this is so much tastier. :drool:

I've never...:blushing:... but now I'm thinking I should...:drool:

Last edited:

warneckutz

:faint:

I LOVE pumpkin pie...

Does anyone have a recipe for a healthy version WITHOUT the pie crust? Like a "bake" or something?

I substitute splenda for sugar and fat-free evap. milk over the regular in mine.

I just don't think it's a good idea to inhale an entire pumpkin pie every 24 hours. :doh:

I LOVE pumpkin pie...

Does anyone have a recipe for a healthy version WITHOUT the pie crust? Like a "bake" or something?

I substitute splenda for sugar and fat-free evap. milk over the regular in mine.

I just don't think it's a good idea to inhale an entire pumpkin pie every 24 hours. :doh:

I found this recipe last year, but haven't tried it yet. You could do a substitution for the sugar and it should turn out pretty good.

Crock Pot Pumpkin Pie Pudding

Ingredients:
1 can of pumpkin
1 can of evaporated milk
3/4 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of Bisquick baking mix
2 beaten eggs
2 tbsp of melted butter or margarine
2 1/2 tsp of allspice
2 tsp of vanilla
Directions:
In a seperate bowl mix all ingredients. Pour mixture into crock pot which has been coated with a non-stick cooking spray.

Cook on LOW for 6 to 7 hours.

lovinmaryland

I LOVE pumpkin pie...

I dont have one for pie but McKays sells a bag of precut chunks of Pumpkin, Butternut Squash, and Sweet Potatoes that I toss w/ a little butter (about 1 tablespoon melted) splenda, and cinnamon and roast them for 30 minutes at 425 degrees oh yummy :drool:

warneckutz

I found this recipe last year, but haven't tried it yet. You could do a substitution for the sugar and it should turn out pretty good.

Crock Pot Pumpkin Pie Pudding

Ingredients:
1 can of pumpkin
1 can of evaporated milk
3/4 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of Bisquick baking mix
2 beaten eggs
2 tbsp of melted butter or margarine
2 1/2 tsp of allspice
2 tsp of vanilla
Directions:
In a seperate bowl mix all ingredients. Pour mixture into crock pot which has been coated with a non-stick cooking spray.

Cook on LOW for 6 to 7 hours.

Ooooh... :yay:

:high5:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member

I LOVE pumpkin pie...

My pie recipe says you can butter the pie pan and pour in the pumpkin custard and bake instead of using the crust.

I don't care much for crust either so I make it "with" (for everyone else) ...eat the middle and throw the crust away. :lol: I'm making one pumpkin and one praline pecan pumpkin pie.