Food Network Cancels Emeril Live

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
"Food Network is taking Emeril Live off the menu, ceasing production of the marquee cooking program Dec. 11.
Emeril Lagasse

The network will continue producing Emeril Lagasse's afternoon program, Essence of Emeril, "for the foreseeable future," and will look to incorporate the star chef in specials, according to a network representative.

Live's future on Food has been uncertain for some time. After running the show for 10 years, Food bumped it from its primetime perch at 8 p.m. to early fringe at 7 p.m. in July and replaced it with Good Eats, the Alton Brown-hosted infotainment show."

Food Network Cancels Emeril Live - 11/27/2007 11:09:00 AM - Broadcasting & Cable

Pete

Repete
I have a copy of the letter. I will cut and paste it below.

Food Network
345 East 54th Street, Suite 326
New York, NY

Dear Emeril,

You are cancelled!

BAM!

Sincerely,

Alton Brown

Paula Deen is irritating with that damn "ya'll" stuff.
Talk like that will get you taken out behind the woodshed over yonder and we'll learn you how to talk in the south. Then we'll bury you in the cudzu. Them there bubbas will never find you.

Last edited:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
"Ya'll" wouldn't be so bad coming from Paula Deen if she used the word carefully, instead of interjecting it every other word where it becomes the focus of every sentence coming from her mouth.

That, and that damn cackle of hers.

Other than that, I like her.

lovinmaryland

"Ya'll" wouldn't be so bad coming from Paula Deen if she used the word carefully, instead of interjecting it every other word where it becomes the focus of every sentence coming from her mouth.

That, and that damn cackle of hers.

Other than that, I like her.

That and when she eats what she has made she takes the biggest bite imaginable and talks with food falling out of her mouth :barf: