Work with me here...

Geek

I am trying to make ornaments for my people this year. I would like to make something that resmbles the person I am giving it too...example, My in laws around a Christmas tree with my kids. I am not sure how to do this. I am a good painter, Maybe clay or wood? Has anyone ever made something like this before?

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
styrofoam or balsa wood. Keep the weight low or it will just pull the branches down on the tree

Elle

Happy Camper!
Maybe just make photo frame ornaments and then take the pictures you want to go inside once the ornaments are given as gifts.

Geek

styrofoam or balsa wood. Keep the weight low or it will just pull the branches down on the tree

good idea :smooch:

I have a gift that was made for me that has all my family members heads on it, with hair. It is cute, but I can't figure out how they made the hair :shrug:

It includes my animals too.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
good idea :smooch:

I have a gift that was made for me that has all my family members heads on it, with hair. It is cute, but I can't figure out how they made the hair :shrug:

It includes my animals too.

:yikes:

BeenSpur'd

I love her wild,wild hair
:howdy:Michaels has clear glass bulbs that you can paint on. I did it one year, I'm not a good painter so I basically did stick figures. I was thinking of decoupaging photos on them and filling spaces in with tissue papers with colors that complimented the picture.

Geek

:howdy:Michaels has clear glass bulbs that you can paint on. I did it one year, I'm not a good painter so I basically did stick figures. I was thinking of decoupaging photos on them and filling spaces in with tissue papers with colors that complimented the picture.

I was thinking more of a 3-d type of thing.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Sugar cookie people. You can ice on the hair, glasses, distinctive clothes, chop off a leg for an amputee, make the fat ones fat and the skinny ones skinny. If the artwork sucks, at least they can still enjoy a cookie.

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR

print family photos on sticker material and stick them to bulbs:yay:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
That is perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yahoo::yahoo:Something like that would be great!! The faces are not to complicated, which is good. I wonder what I should do for glasses? Nickel Rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you click through to her blog she lists the materials she used. I know that the heads are wooden doll heads, so maybe they have some little mini glasses in that aisle at the craft store? If not you could buy some thin wire and make some. :yay: