Looking for an Elliptical

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
Wait till after Christmas and check the classified ads. You can pick up a dozen of them almost unused except for as a clothes rack. I have a $1200 model that has been used 5 times i think, my hubby who couldn't live without one just hangs his jackets on it.

dn0121

Sears but remember if you buy cheap you end up paying twice!!!

Yah that is why I would never go with a cheap one.

Also I'll be looking in the paper for the $1200 ones that are 1/2 off lol. I was looking at some of those today on Amazon.

dn0121

I'm sure Dick's Sporting Goods and Sports Authority sell them every day. :shrug:

Is Sports Authority in Waldorf or up towards Annapolis? I have only been to Waldorf once since moving here a few months back and that was enough for me.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I would think that a lot of used sports equipment would be available in the March/April timeframe.

Many overly-optomistic people purchase exercise machines for their New Year's resolution to get fit and lose weight, find out they don't use them as they had hoped, and then try to dump them for pennies on the dollar.

Or maybe not. :shrug:

SugarBabies

Is Sports Authority in Waldorf or up towards Annapolis? I have only been to Waldorf once since moving here a few months back and that was enough for me.

Yes, there is a sports authority in waldorf. In the shopping center with Burlington, Borders, and Bed Bath and Beyond.

LifeFitness is a good brand to go with. Not sure if they sell that brand though.

Booboo3604

Yes, there is a sports authority in waldorf. In the shopping center with Burlington, Borders, and Bed Bath and Beyond.

LifeFitness is a good brand to go with. Not sure if they sell that brand though.

You're right about life fitness. This is the best elliptical ever. As a matter of fact, it was the only reason I joined my current gym was that they had these. I fell in love with it at the gym on Andrews.

Life Fitness - 95Xi Elliptical Cross-Trainers Exercise Equipment Product Detail Sports Nutrition - BodyConcept.com

P

Patch Tuesday

You're right about life fitness. This is the best elliptical ever. As a matter of fact, it was the only reason I joined my current gym was that they had these. I fell in love with it at the gym on Andrews.

Life Fitness - 95Xi Elliptical Cross-Trainers Exercise Equipment Product Detail Sports Nutrition - BodyConcept.com

Life Fitness products supposedly have "exclusive dealers" by state. In Maryland that dealer is Fitness Resource in Annapolis. I'd be very careful of buying their products over the Internet because of warranty issues. You can however buy them in another state such as Delaware and have it picked up by a freight company such as DHL...

I went through this nutroll when buying my bike from them...

If Omni has something on sale, you can get Fitness Resource to price match by threatening to have DHL pick it up for you...

Fitness Resource- The Fitness Equipment and Exercise Equipment Experts

OMNI Fitness Equipment - East Coast's Largest Retailer of Quality Home Fitness Equipment - Exclusive Dealer of Life Fitness : Elliptical Cross-Trainers

:popcorn:

Booboo3604

Life Fitness products supposedly have "exclusive dealers" by state. In Maryland that dealer is Fitness Resource in Annapolis. I'd be very careful of buying their products over the Internet because of warranty issues. You can however buy them in another state such as Delaware and have it picked up by a freight company such as DHL...

I went through this nutroll when buying my bike from them...

If Omni has something on sale, you can get Fitness Resource to price match by threatening to have DHL pick it up for you...

Fitness Resource- The Fitness Equipment and Exercise Equipment Experts

OMNI Fitness Equipment - East Coast's Largest Retailer of Quality Home Fitness Equipment - Exclusive Dealer of Life Fitness : Elliptical Cross-Trainers

I definitely wasn't trying to say buy it off the internet, I was basically just trying to show the model I really like.

P

Patch Tuesday

I definitely wasn't trying to say buy it off the internet, I was basically just trying to show the model I really like.

By no means don't take offense to what I'm saying, but I spent a lot of time shopping Life Fitness products on the Internet only to be told in the end that they couldn't sell it to me, or if they did that I wasn't getting a warranty...

Check out Life Fitness' website and do a dealer search for Md and you'll see exactly what I'm talking about...

Where to Buy : Life Fitness : Home

MDTerps

Back in the saddle

Do you go to Worlds Gym in the park?

I'm not much on that model, but I will use it.

Ok so if you can't buy Life Fitness then maybe do some searching another good brand. :shrug:

Booboo3604

Do you go to Worlds Gym in the park?

I'm not much on that model, but I will use it.

Ok so if you can't buy Life Fitness then maybe do some searching another good brand. :shrug:

Right gym, wrong local. I go to the one in Waldorf. I really liked that it was 24 hrs. I liked that elliptical mostly because of the stride on it. Others seemed to be more vertical and a shorter stride while that one seem a little more horizontal. I have problems with my feet and knees so I liked that I could "run" on it without having the stress on those parts.