New model railroad club forming in SoMD

Aa3rt

For those of you interested in railroads (both the prototype & model), there is a fledgling (and as yet unnamed) model railroad club forming in Southern Maryland.

The next meeting will be held Thursday, Dec. 13th @ 7:30PM in the La Plata Train Station Museum. The theme of the December meeting is "Trains and Christmas"-bring along an item or two that you've received as Christmas gifts over the years, introduce yourself to the group, and share your "treasure" with us.

The group is, thus far, very informal-no officers or dues. We're holding a "Name The Club" contest-the person who submits the winning name will receive a prize-yet to be determined.

Feel free to PM me if you need directions (if you can find Charles Street (MD Route 6) and the railroad tracks you're doing good, or if you would like further information.

Aa3rt

Hi, we haven't established a date for the Jan. 2008 meeting as of yet. We've only been meeting since September of this year-generally the meetings are on a Thursday evening at 7:30PM. Thus far the group has met at a private home in Mechanicsville, the Waldorf Volunteer Fire Department and most recently the La Plata Train Station Museum.

When the next meeting date & place are established I'll be sure to post the information here.

Aa3rt

Next mtg-Thursday, Jan. 31 in La Plata

For those who may be interested, the next meeting is scheduled for Thursday, Jan. 31st at the La Plata Train Station Museum, to begin at 7:30PM. One of the group will be bringing an HO scale switching module (that can also accomdate On30 equipment).

As before, all are welcome (bring along something to share with the group if you're so inclined). If you need further information or directions, feel free to PM me.

Aa3rt

March meeting Thursday, March 27th

Next meeting will be held Thursday, March 27th starting at 7:30PM to be held in the La Plata Train Station Museum. Station open at 7.

Aa3rt

July meeting, Thursday, July 24th @ 7:30 PM

For those who may be interested, the next meeting of the "Southern Maryland Railroad Non-Group" will be Thursday, July 24th at the La Plata Train Station Museum on Kent Avenue in La Plata.

Please PM me should you need further information or directions.

Aa3rt

August meeting, Thursday, Aug. 21st @ 7:00PM

Once again the meeting will be at the La Plata Train Station Museum on Kent Avenue, Thursday, August 21st @ 7:00PM. All are welcome to attend, there is no cost. PM for further info if needed.

Aa3rt

September meeting, Thursday, Sep. 25

Meeting starts @ 7:30 PM, station will open @ &. All are welcome to attend.

Aa3rt

October meeting, Thursday the 23rd

Next meeting: Thursday, Oct. 23rd.

Station open at 7:00PM, all are welcome to attend.

Aa3rt

Next meeting-Thursday, Oct. 22nd, 2009

Our "dormant" group is trying to revive itself. The next meeting of the Southern Maryland Model Railroad Group will be this coming Thursday, October 22nd @ 7:30PM, to be held at the La Plata Train Station Museum.

For those interested, we have 4 HO scale corner modules constructed and are looking for folks who are interested in constructing modules for a display layout.

Additionally, one of the group is working on an N scale layout, depicting the Pope's Creek line between Waldorf and Morgantown, to be displayed at the station.

PM me if you need further information or directions.

Aa3rt

Next meeting-Wednesday, Jan. 27th

The next meeting of the Southern Maryland Model Railroad Group (SMMRG) will be Wednesday, Jan. 27th at the La Plata Train Station Museum, start time 7:30PM.

Aa3rt

Next meeting-Wednesday, March 24th

The next meeting of the SMMRG (Southern Maryland Model Railroad Group) will be Wednesday, March 24th @ 7:30PM once again in the La Plata Train Station Museum. PM me if you need further information.