Will this cause damage?

Cowgirl

I tried googling it, but couldn't really find anything. When I sit down, I usually bend one leg and tuck it under me, or both legs...like sitting indian style (or criss-cross applesauce, if you want to be PC). Will this cause damage to my knees in the future? My knees do get stiff if I sit for too long, but I usually just change positions. I'm just comfortable that way. :shrug:

I don't want to end up having crappy knees when I'm old.

PrepH4U

I tried googling it, but couldn't really find anything. When I sit down, I usually bend one leg and tuck it under me, or both legs...like sitting indian style (or criss-cross applesauce, if you want to be PC). Will this cause damage to my knees in the future? My knees do get stiff if I sit for too long, but I usually just change positions. I'm just comfortable that way. :shrug:

OMG! I heard the result of the leg tucker sydrome is usually amputation! :yikes:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm an indian sitter and it hasn't caused any knee problems but I do feel it in my ankles now that I'm older. I'm trying to break the habit.

And I have no varicose veins.

PrepH4U

I'm an indian sitter and it hasn't caused any knee problems but I do feel it in my ankles now that I'm older. I'm trying to break the habit.

And I have no varicose veins.

It's easier to train that indian to not hold your ankles so tight! :whistle:

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
It doesnt matter how you sit, your going to get old and break down just like the rest of us. But just for the record, sitting like that cuts off your blood circulation and you can get brain damage.:lmao: j/k

Marvin7148

Ergonomic seating

When you use computer .... you must follow these tips...

ergonomic-seating.jpg

Ergonomic seating can be defined as a comfortable working posture with a natural alignment of all your joints from head to toes. Before discussing on how to set your computer workstation, let’s have a look at the concept of Ergonomic seating (neutral body positioning).This method of Ergonomic Seating helps you reduce the stress and strain on the muscles, tendons, and skeletal system thus reducing the risks of developing a Ergonomic problems.

Ensure that your hands, wrists, and forearms are in a row, straight, and almost parallel to the floor.

Ensure that your head and torso are in-line with head slightly bent forward, facing towards the front, and balanced.

Ensure that your shoulders are at ease with upper arms hanging normally at the sides of your body.

Ensure that your elbows are close to your body and bent between 90 and 110 degrees.

The feet should be either supported by a footrest or should be relaxing on the floor.

While leaning back or sitting in a vertical position, ensure that your back is
supported fully with firm hold on the lumbosacral area.

Your seat should be well padded in order to support your hips and thighs.

Ensure that your knees and hips are in almost the same height with your feet slightly forward.

Safe Computing Tips on Office Ergonomics, Ergonomic Chair, Ergonomic Seating | Healthy Computing Exercises

Marv.

SweetThang

DVT's:faint:

Cowgirl

When you use computer .... you must follow these tips...

ergonomic-seating.jpg

Ergonomic seating can be defined as a comfortable working posture with a natural alignment of all your joints from head to toes. Before discussing on how to set your computer workstation, let’s have a look at the concept of Ergonomic seating (neutral body positioning).This method of Ergonomic Seating helps you reduce the stress and strain on the muscles, tendons, and skeletal system thus reducing the risks of developing a Ergonomic problems.

Ensure that your hands, wrists, and forearms are in a row, straight, and almost parallel to the floor.

Ensure that your head and torso are in-line with head slightly bent forward, facing towards the front, and balanced.

Ensure that your shoulders are at ease with upper arms hanging normally at the sides of your body.

Ensure that your elbows are close to your body and bent between 90 and 110 degrees.

The feet should be either supported by a footrest or should be relaxing on the floor.

While leaning back or sitting in a vertical position, ensure that your back is
supported fully with firm hold on the lumbosacral area.

Your seat should be well padded in order to support your hips and thighs.

Ensure that your knees and hips are in almost the same height with your feet slightly forward.

Safe Computing Tips on Office Ergonomics, Ergonomic Chair, Ergonomic Seating | Healthy Computing Exercises

Marv.

But that's not comfy. :shrug: