Hawaii

Nanny Pam

I've been to Ohau, and everything was beautiful, as I'm sure all the Islands are. Make sure you drink a glass of milk. I tell everyone who goes to try the milk. It is unbelievable. :yum:

FullDraw

I've been to Ohau, and everything was beautiful, as I'm sure all the Islands are. Make sure you drink a glass of milk. I tell everyone who goes to try the milk. It is unbelievable. :yum:

Really? I've never heard that before. Whats different about the milk?

R

remaxrealtor

If you are going to Maui, don't miss going up to the top of the volcano for the sunset. It's unreal, like being on another planet! Have a great trip!

I know that I am staying at the Hilton Hawaiian Village. I have meetings to go to at the Navy Yard. The best thing is that it's in Feb, so when it's snowing here I will be kicked back on the beach getting my drink on

If your sole intention was to neener neener us about you being in Hawaii while we are in the gloom of winter... why didn't you simply say so...:dork:

runnerboy1500

Which tower are you staying at in the Hilton Village?
I was there for a month, the bed/sheets/comforter/pillows unbelievably comfortable.

Things to see......
Sharks cove, it is winter so you should be able to see them mating? I cant remember what winter months that occurs though

Pill boxes-There are gunny stations in the cliffs that are cool to run through

Farmers Market at the Aloha Bowl Stadium (think that was the name)-lots of great food and cool stuff

Pearl Harbor is a must

Taco stands in the North Shore.

It was such a great time, I would do anything to go again.

Nanny Pam

:bawl: I just want to know about the gd milk

Good grief....give me a minute to shake the dew off my lilly! :rolleyes:

:lmao:

Ok the milk is richer, I guess. I think it's because thew cows have good stuff to eat all year round. :shrug: It actually tastes sweet.

Nanny Pam

Which tower are you staying at in the Hilton Village?
I was there for a month, the bed/sheets/comforter/pillows unbelievably comfortable.

Things to see......
Sharks cove, it is winter so you should be able to see them mating? I cant remember what winter months that occurs though

Pill boxes-There are gunny stations in the cliffs that are cool to run through

Farmers Market at the Aloha Bowl Stadium (think that was the name)-lots of great food and cool stuff

Pearl Harbor is a must

Taco stands in the North Shore.

It was such a great time, I would do anything to go again.

Me too.
I'd sit on the wing of the plane, just to get there again.

You won't want to come home.

Oh....and when you eat breakfast, eat outside, by the beach. The birds just come right up to you, begging for crumbs. It's really cool. :yay:

jenbengen

Watch it
Going to Hawaii in February, first time, any good spots to visit?

Lived there for years on Oahu-
1. spend a day at the North Shore.

2. Visit Kailua Beach on the windward side where the Marine Corps base is. The drive to it on the H-3 highway is to die for and the beach is gorgeous!

3. eat at Todai in Waikiki across from where you are staying. Yummmm.

Oh, and of course you should visit Pearl Harbor and do the little tour they offer there. Sobering.

If you want to do a luau- the Hale Koa military hotel next door to Hilton Hawaiian has a nice one at a reasonable price.

The shave ice stand in the North Shore is a must for visitors. :drool:

Last edited:

MMDad

Lem Putt
See the Arizona. If you don't get touched by that, you are not human.

I've been there twice. The Arizona and the airport are the only places off base I got to see. :ohwell:

runnerboy1500

WOW!
I forgot about Todai! That place was great. ON the corner where your hotel si there is a 24 hour diner, with the best burgers. Thier cheap, and greasy with a slice of pineapple. Just like God intended....I hope anyways lol

PJumper

Thanks for all the help. Hope I have enough time to hit everything up.

I was stationed in Hawaii for 3 years. Just for your info, milk at most stores in Hawaii are not local, that's why they cost about 5-6 bucks a gallon. Waimea beach and the Dole plantation are good place to visit.

Waimanalo beach in Kailua is nice and not crowded. If you are a veteran, try the Air Force's Bellows Recreation Center in Waimanalo, great beach with cottages, camping/fishing area.

If you want the "Grand Daddy" of tourist activities, go to the Polynesian Cultural Center. They have the complete package, depending on your budget. For a more authentic Luau, go to the smaller ones north of the old Barbers Point Naval Air Station.

Just remember that Waikiki is a tourist area and the prices are higher than the rest of the Island. Oh, don't forget to go to Haunuma beach and mingle with fishes or climb (40 min) the Diamond head for the spectacular view.

Enjoy the visit and be a Kama'aina.