Attention Animal Rescue Groups!

frequentflier

happy to be living
For all the RESCUE GROUPS: in 2008, we will be hosting pet adoption and educational events every other Sunday at Pepper's Pet Pantry in the Solomons Plaza in Solomons. We are the strip mall next to Boomerangs and are located between the Solomons Vet and the Patuxent Adventure center.

There is plenty of room indoors if the weather is bad; otherwise we can hold events in the parking lot with tents, etc. We encourage groups with banners to bring them. Some organizations, but certainly not a complete list I have spoken with are: Calvert Co Humane Soc, SMAWL, Tri county animal shelter, Friends of Felines, PAWS. Some breed specific rescue groups include Greyhounds, Rat terriers, Collies, Aussies and more.

If anyone is interested in participating or even volunteering to help, please contact me! I would love to have help coordinating these events and organizing all the information and educational literature these groups will provide. I do have an area in the store that will be dedicated to the pet adoption and rescue groups and pet related businesses for advertisement. For all rescue 501C3 groups, all I ask is that you put the events in the newspapers and any other media sources to advertise the happenings.

We will also have fundraisers and in particular, my goal is to help raise funds for Southern Maryland Spay and Neuter (Southern Maryland Spay and Neuter, Inc.) We will stay open late for the Christmas Walk in Solomons Friday and Saturday evenings and have baskets to raffle off to raise money for them. ~donations appreciated~ Or just stop in and say hello!

Any group interested in participating in the meet & greet adoption events, please contact me soon as I will begun making up the calendar in the next couple of weeks. Also we will be having an open house and grand opening in January and will have several groups there.

As my business has been listed in some phone books as a "pet store," I have been receiving many calls from people wanting to adopt puppies or find dogs or cats for "gifts." I just cringe. Let's try to educate people to make the right choices so that so many animals don't end up at the overcrowded shelters. Also SPAY and NEUTER them!

Feel free to drop off business cards or literature or PM me for more information. The store is open 11-7 Monday through Saturday and noon to 5PM Sundays. You can call me, too. (410) 326 4006

Thank you all.

Mary Beth Gates
Pepper's Pet Pantry
13858 Solomons Island Road
Solomons, MD 20688

frequentflier

happy to be living
For all the RESCUE GROUPS: in 2008, we will be hosting pet adoption and educational events every other Sunday at Pepper's Pet Pantry in the Solomons Plaza in Solomons. We are the strip mall next to Boomerangs and are located between the Solomons Vet and the Patuxent Adventure center.

There is plenty of room indoors if the weather is bad; otherwise we can hold events in the parking lot with tents, etc. We encourage groups with banners to bring them. Some organizations, but certainly not a complete list I have spoken with are: Calvert Co Humane Soc, SMAWL, Tri county animal shelter, Friends of Felines, PAWS. Some breed specific rescue groups include Greyhounds, Rat terriers, Collies, Aussies and more.

If anyone is interested in participating or even volunteering to help, please contact me! I would love to have help coordinating these events and organizing all the information and educational literature these groups will provide. I do have an area in the store that will be dedicated to the pet adoption and rescue groups and pet related businesses for advertisement. For all rescue 501C3 groups, all I ask is that you put the events in the newspapers and any other media sources to advertise the happenings.

We will also have fundraisers and in particular, my goal is to help raise funds for Southern Maryland Spay and Neuter (Southern Maryland Spay and Neuter, Inc.) We will stay open late for the Christmas Walk in Solomons Friday and Saturday evenings and have baskets to raffle off to raise money for them. ~donations appreciated~ Or just stop in and say hello!

Any group interested in participating in the meet & greet adoption events, please contact me soon as I will begun making up the calendar in the next couple of weeks. Also we will be having an open house and grand opening in January and will have several groups there.

As my business has been listed in some phone books as a "pet store," I have been receiving many calls from people wanting to adopt puppies or find dogs or cats for "gifts." I just cringe. Let's try to educate people to make the right choices so that so many animals don't end up at the overcrowded shelters. Also SPAY and NEUTER them!

Feel free to drop off business cards or literature or PM me for more information. The store is open 11-7 Monday through Saturday and noon to 5PM Sundays. You can call me, too. (410) 326 4006

Thank you all.

Mary Beth Gates
Pepper's Pet Pantry
13858 Solomons Island Road
Solomons, MD 20688

We are in the process of making up a schedule so if you are interested, please contact me ASAP!
Also the date of our official grand opening is Sunday Jan 20. Already the Calvert County Humane Society and Greyt Expectations are planning to show up as well as people from the SPOT thrift shop (which have paid for the "fixing" of 185+ animals this year WAY TO GO!!)
Thanks.

dgates80

Land of the lost
Well, it's Sunday! We're having the Greyhounds in today. We're hoping Second Home Rescue can make it today, but with Chopper still missing, we'd understand....

Oh... I made chocolate cupcakes. Yep, free food!

Last edited:

greyhound

Well, it's Sunday! We're having the Greyhounds in today. We're hoping Second Home Rescue can make it today, but with Chopper still missing, we'd understand....

GREYHOUNDS....I love greyhounds!

tes218

Hi, Yes, Socond Hope Rescue will be there as well. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

mabeline20

How come you are not friendly to all rescue groups???
You are picky and you have a bad temper to boot.
You try to come across to be something you are not.
Mary Beth.

krazd_kat

Help "Invisible Dogs"
How come you are not friendly to all rescue groups???
You are picky and you have a bad temper to boot.
You try to come across to be something you are not.
Mary Beth.

:blahblah:

Regardless of your personal feelings and uncalled for attack on an older thread, many people are starting to come to the store to meet the available animals that are in need of good loving homes and adoptions are happening.

Unless you have a proven record of helping homelss animals that you are willing to share and not hide behind an anonymous board to display a nasty attitude, I hope everyone else will wisely ignore your comments and be open minded enough to make their own decisions by visiting the store in person.

unixpirate

Pitty Party
:blahblah:

Regardless of your personal feelings and uncalled for attack on an older thread, many people are starting to come to the store to meet the available animals that are in need of good loving homes and adoptions are happening.

Unless you have a proven record of helping homelss animals that you are willing to share and not hide behind an anonymous board to display a nasty attitude, I hope everyone else will wisely ignore your comments and be open minded enough to make their own decisions by visiting the store in person.

Thank you! :huggy:

:love: ya!