Clean Air and No Salt Act

USWWarrior

It's a Jeep thang!
As we come to the end of an era and all restaurants/bars will go no smoking. Let's make sure everyone is healthy. So when they remove the ashtrays let's take the salt shakers with them. I mean, if I have to eat with the temptation of salt at the table, I might be offended. So, I am looking for assitance in the "REMOVE THE SALT" campaign.

If you don't believe me that salt is bad for you. Here is the link:

FDA mulls stricter regulation of salt in food - Diet and nutrition - MSNBC.com

:sarcasm::neener:

Actually, my mom's doctor has stated that the main reason the upper number of her blood pressure is elevated is due to salt. He has prescribed that she considerably reduce her sodium intake. Now that she pays attention to the sodium content of foods, she's having a hard time finding groceries that aren't loaded with sodium. This crosses ALL types of foods... not just the ones you'd expect.

The_Twisted_Ear

A proud Conservative!
It seems like the only thing we really can eat that won't kill us is cardboard!:lmao:

Attachments

• cardboard_box_md_clr.gif
    cardboard_box_md_clr.gif
    11.5 KB · Views: 102

Toxick

Splat
having a hard time finding groceries that aren't loaded with sodium. This crosses ALL types of foods... not just the ones you'd expect.

I've discovered that avoiding salt is like avoiding plastic.

Pretty near impossible.

I've discovered that avoiding salt is like avoiding plastic.

Pretty near impossible.

And that's the point of those who want to regulate it. Folks that say "gee, the consumer should just become better shoppers" don't realize how difficult this really is. Manufacturers aren't going to take it upon themselves to better their products until the public becomes educated. Threats of regulation bring the subject into the spotlight.