No sprinklers in KCA? No way!

Voter2002

"Fill your hands you SOB!
Once again, in the interest of saving money in the short term, a price has been placed on the lives of kids. Kings Christian Academy, which is going through the approval/zoning/permit process has requested not to have sprinklers installed in their building in order to save construction money.

:burning:

Time and time again, it has been proven that sprinklers will stop or hold most fires to the area of origin. This not only keeps the kids in the rest of the building safe, but protects the firefighters that have to go in there to put the fire out. Without sprinklers, they stand a good chance of killing someone in the name of saving $$$.

It is unfortunate that they look at the short term cash instead of the long term safety.
:boo: :boo: :boo:

SxyPrincess

Oh, and Voter...you may want to check out Vrai's statments in the above link I posted. She made some good remarks for NOT having the sprinkler system...:wink:

Beachcreature

Good trumps Best

The vast majority of respondents voted for the "good," sprinklers, rather than the "best," two additional classrooms. That's the simple equation either install a sprinkler system, which the state and national fire prevention authorities say is not needed, or build two additional classrooms that will make a safe, quality, character building education available for fifty more students every year from now on. It's typical for our culture to assign the highest value to the "good" at the expense of achieving the "best."

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by SxyPrincess
Oh, and Voter...you may want to check out Vrai's statments in the above link I posted. She made some good remarks for NOT having the sprinkler system...
Thanks, but Oz's comments were better - he knows more about it than I do. :yay: