New Pizza place on 235?

kerriellen

This weekend I noticed the new pizza place on 235 (near the new Jiffy Lube) is open. Has anyone been there? If so, how was it? I really want some good NY style pizza.

The new place (Mom and Pops) is a few doors north of Ricks. I got a bunch of coupons in the mail, but haven't been there yet.

had a steak and cheese with onions from mom and pops sunday for lunch. pretty good but not the biggest sub. the meat is a better quality than steak-um meat. need to get extra cheese next time. the fries were good too, had some sort of coating on them that made them extra crunchy. sorry, no pizza this time. at least they deliver, no one else does.

I stopped there for lunch today. I didn't want to deal with a whole pizza, so I got some wings. Made fresh while you wait, none sitting under hot lamps. I asked for mild buffalo sauce, and it was exactly that; mild. A little too salty for my taste. No place to sit, take out or deliver only.

What is NY style pizza?
Overpriced?

Baked in a stone oven until the bottom is dark brown, thin but chewy on the bottom, crispy/chewy on the edge, cheeze not just melted but browning, enough cheeze to extend all teh way to the edge of the pie (and it's called a PIE, not a pizza) and about 2 tablespoons of oil from the good olive oil and pepperoni that drip off when you pick it up to eat it by FOLDING it in half.

NYers, did I leave anything out??

Oh yeah, made with Polly-O products and water from the Hudson river. That's also why NY bagels are so good; it's the water.

Aw man... I wanna go to NY for a pizza.

Last edited:

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
Oh yeah, made with Polly-O products and water from the Hudson river.
Aw man... I wanna go to NY for a pizza.

Hudson River water :barf: I had bagels from Long Island a few weeks back and that thought made me want to :faint: :lol:

G

Gemmi

Mom and Pop's Pizza and Subs is the new Pizza Shop on 235 they have 3 locations Oakville 301-373-8383 Ridge 301-872-5785 and the new California Store 301-863-2500. They deliver!!!!! Awesome Pizza like no other place around, the cheesesteaks are tooooo die for

I agree. I haven't tried the cheesesteak but the pizza is really good. It is better than most around here.

Rane

Lookin for Margaritaville
We ordered a pizza from Mom & Pops ( California ) last weekend , maybe its because they just opened and don't have all the kinks worked out but the pizza was awful ... they messed up the pizza we ordered to pick up ... it was missing 2 toppings ... and after ordering a 2nd pizza to be delivered to replace the first one that we had picked up ( yes I made the mistake by not checking the pizza before heading home ) we were really disappointed , its nothing like the Mom & Pops near Mechanicsville ... the wings were smaller too , although the bbq sauce was good . I sure hope they improve , we might try them one more time but its doubtful .

Club'nBabySeals

Where are my pants?
Hubby and I split a Steak & Cheese from there for lunch today. It wasn't bad at all...about on par with Rick's. We'll probably go back.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
When I saw the ad on St Mary's Today, I figured Rossignol was back in the pizza business. But was surprised to see Boatman's association - geez - those folks are very ambitious...

When I saw the ad on St Mary's Today, I figured Rossignol was back in the pizza business. But was surprised to see Boatman's association - geez - those folks are very ambitious...
And shameless.
The calzones at Mom and Pop's are awesome you get 4 toppings in them for $10.99. Thats a killer deal they are big enough for more than one meal. I had one the other day and reheated the rest for breakfast and it was still great. They also have beer battered Fish baskets and Shrimp baskets. There's nothing like getting that kind of food delivered. The California # is 301-863-2500

:lmao: