Tree removal

Christy

b*tch rocket
Does anyone know of a good tree removal service in the area?  I have about five, fairly large trees I need cut down.  And I've heard some places give you a decent deal if you let them take the wood, then I've also heard they charge more if they take the wood.  I'm soooo confused!  

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Christy,

let Steve do it, you could sell tickets and make enough to fix whatever gets broken during the ordeal.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
I've had this done so many times in the last 12 years.  It's cheaper if they chop and drop.  My most expensive tree was $450 and the cheapest $250, both chop and drop.  They were very large trees.  You should get the phone book out and get some estimates.  Be sure they are bonded and licensed.  One guy dropped some tree parts on my old neighbors skidoo by accident, but it didn't cost me a cent.  I just had a stump ground and it was $75.  It would have been more but we already tried digging it out.  Most homeowners insurance doesn't cover it, at least mine didn't.  Smeco took out one for free because it was near their power line, we called them first before getting a professional just to see if they'd do it.  Got lucky on that one.

mgorfain

Call St Marys tree service, they  are in the phone book and are located in Leonardtown.  I have used them for the last 12 years and know lots of builders who use them.  They are reasonable..more reasonable than others I have seen, do a good job and make taking down large trees almost an "art".

goodoleboy

Does anyone know of a good tree removal service in the area?  I have about five, fairly large trees I need cut down.  And I've heard some places give you a decent deal if you let them take the wood, then I've also heard they charge more if they take the wood.  I'm soooo confused!  

Newton's Tree service in Hollywood is great!