Older, gentle BIG dog for FREE

Ponytail

Woman that lives near me, sings/plays at Harbour Sounds. She has 4 dogs that she has taken in over the years.

The latest addition is a male Great Dane Mix. About as tall as a great dane, but much thinner.

Hubby told her that either the dog goes, or he goes. The dog gets along REALLY well with the other dogs, and is really good with her young daughter.

If you are interested, or know somebody that might be, please contact me.

Thanks.

Surf City Baby

Originally posted by Ponytail
Hubby told her that either the dog goes, or he goes. The dog gets along REALLY well with the other dogs, and is really good with her young daughter.

I wish I could take the dog, but I can't.

IMHO, the good woman should've said "hit the road, Jack!" What kind of a person makes that kind of ultimatum? The mind boggles.

Toxick

Splat
Re: Re: Older, gentle BIG dog for FREE

Originally posted by Surf City Baby
What kind of a person makes that kind of ultimatum?

Someone whose kid was bit? :shrug:

The whole story wasn't in there. Who knows why he suddenly wants the dog gone? There may even be a good reason for it.

Cowgirl

It's not a greyhound or greyhound cross is it? Alot of people mistake greys for great danes. I was just wondering because you said it was thinner than a dane.

Surf City Baby

Re: Re: Re: Older, gentle BIG dog for FREE

Originally posted by Toxick
Someone whose kid was bit? :shrug:

The whole story wasn't in there. Who knows why he suddenly wants the dog gone? There may even be a good reason for it.

Yep, point taken.

Ponytail

Originally posted by vraiblonde
And she didn't reply, "Gosh, I'm gonna miss you!" ?

Nope...because all 4 dogs were taken in over the years as strays. The house is getting a bit crowded, and he warned her after number 3.

The food bill is getting large, and available seating and sleeping areas are dwindling. :biggrin: