I hate the flu

FerretRescue

bite me
I have been sick for a week! Sore throat, cough, headache that will not go away no matter what, stuffy and runny nose!...

AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Pandora

That crap is so going around.

And a flu shot? Let me tell you about flu shots. :tap: 2 years ago, I got one of them damn flu shots for the 1st time in my life. I thought, well, I work with 100's and 100's of people every month and my chances might be increased, so I will take preventative action and get a flu shot.

Now prior to this, I had the flu a few times, but was typically over it within 24 hours, no big deal. Not the year I got the flu shot. I was in bed for a week. :dead:

I didn't get a flu shot last year and didn't get the flu either.

Hope you feel better soon.

FerretRescue

bite me

And a flu shot? Let me tell you about flu shots. :tap: 2 years ago, I got one of them damn flu shots for the 1st time in my life. I thought, well, I work with 100's and 100's of people every month and my chances might be increased, so I will take preventative action and get a flu shot.

Now prior to this, I had the flu a few times, but was typically over it within 24 hours, no big deal. Not the year I got the flu shot. I was in bed for a week. :dead:

Thanks...that is what happened to me...never had the flu but thought since I was getting older better safe than sorry...

Now it has been a week and I am no better.

P

Patch Tuesday

You're still better off getting the shot...

It doesn't give you the flu, that's a myth...

Dispelling Common Myths About Flu Shots - As Seen On NBC4 News Story - WNBC | New York

:popcorn:

P

Patch Tuesday

man this is a humdinger...does the flu last this long?

If it gets too bad, go get checked out by the doc...

I had it really bad one winter and kept ignoring it. When I finally went to the doctor's, they said my respiratory number was 86, and if it went to 85 they were putting me in the hospital...

I had no clue it was that bad, but felt like hell for weeks...

:doh:

FerretRescue

bite me
If it gets too bad, go get checked out by the doc...

I had it really bad one winter and kept ignoring it. When I finally went to the doctor's, they said my respiratory number was 86, and if it went to 85 they were putting me in the hospital...

I had no clue it was that bad, but felt like hell for weeks...

:doh:

ohh man..I hope I get better. I had to stay in st marys hospital once for a week. Nightmares from that.

godsbutterfly

Free to Fly
I have been sick for a week! Sore throat, cough, headache that will not go away no matter what, stuffy and runny nose!...

AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I have had that too. Mine started last Sunday and gets worse in the afternoon and evening. I thought that was just a cold or maybe Bronchitis.

godsbutterfly

Free to Fly
That's what I was guessing based on their posts. If they had the actual flu, there is no way in heck they'd be here posting.

I only ever think of mine as "Flu" when I'm throwing up. That's why I said cold or Bronchitis for mine. Of course if the weather would get consistent it would help!