Back in

This_person

Anyone out there suggest a decent bike to start riding again. I'd been about 20 years (and 75 lbs) since I last rode (Goldwing Interstate).

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Motorcycle? I'd start with a Yamaha V-Star. Relatively in-expensive used. Wanna buy mine?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Anyone out there suggest a decent bike to start riding again. I'd been about 20 years (and 75 lbs) since I last rode (Goldwing Interstate).

Well, motorcycle riding, is like riding a bike!!

I went about the same amount of time, and bought an 1150 (used) BMW for my next bike.. The good thing is the dealer let me take a 650 out for awhile to get my legs back.

I didn't want to buy a smaller bike to trade it in in 6 months. It worked out great.

Being that you are a former Gold Wing Truck Driver.. you shouldn't have a problem..

This_person

Motorcycle? I'd start with a Yamaha V-Star. Relatively in-expensive used. Wanna buy mine?
:lol: Who knows, Christmas is around the corner. Perhaps I need a better gift than the kids will give me!

I absolutely love the Star Royale Venturer, but I'm afraid of the cost and size for being so recently inexperienced.

This_person

Well, motorcycle riding, is like riding a bike!!

I went about the same amount of time, and bought an 1150 (used) BMW for my next bike.. The good thing is the dealer let me take a 650 out for awhile to get my legs back.

I didn't want to buy a smaller bike to trade it in in 6 months. It worked out great.

Being that you are a former Gold Wing Truck Driver.. you shouldn't have a problem..

Okay, what's an MSF experienced rider course?

I hear what you're saying about trading up in six months. That's the other side of my worry.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Okay, what's an MSF experienced rider course?

I hear what you're saying about trading up in six months. That's the other side of my worry.

Motorcylce Safety Foundation..

You really don't need a NEW riders course (you'd be bored out of your mind).. but the experienced riders course will open your eyes to how much you may have forgotten and real GOOD way to get your riding legs back without putting your life at risk (The course does require you bringing a bike to the course)

It's a one day course (on base anyways) one or two hours classroom and the rest of the day on the driving range..

This_person

Motorcylce Safety Foundation..

You really don't need a NEW riders course (you'd be bored out of your mind).. but the experienced riders course will open your eyes to how much you may have forgotten and real GOOD way to get your riding legs back without putting your life at risk (The course does require you bringing a bike to the course)

It's a one day course (on base anyways) one or two hours classroom and the rest of the day on the driving range..
Okay, I do remember. Took the initial course in FL in the middle '80's. (I was trying to figure it out - Maryland State Fundamentals???)

See, it's been a while.