Anyone Paint Vehicles On The Side?

SoMdmMusician

I have a 1986 Dodge D100 Shortbed and I'm looking for a painter interested in making a few hundred dollars on the side one weekend. Nothing fancy, just a two-tone Silver/Gray/Silver, Or Silver/Black/Silver, or maybe just all Silver. I'll be doing the light body work that's needed, but, just need a painter.

Let me know who's interested and give me a quote by email at:

SoMdMusician@somd.net

R

RadioPatrol

I prefer to paint them while they sit on all 4 tires ...... or jack stands

:whistle:

Mikeinsmd

I have a 1986 Dodge D100 Shortbed and I'm looking for a painter interested in making a few hundred dollars on the side one weekend. Nothing fancy, just a two-tone Silver/Gray/Silver, Or Silver/Black/Silver, or maybe just all Silver. I'll be doing the light body work that's needed, but, just need a painter.

Let me know who's interested and give me a quote by email at:

SoMdMusician@somd.net
Please share with the class if you find someone to do this for a few hundred dollars. If the job looks good, I will be in line right after you. TIA. :yay:

SoMdmMusician

Please share with the class if you find someone to do this for a few hundred dollars. If the job looks good, I will be in line right after you. TIA. :yay:

Well, I actually have already talked to a fellow in Bryans Road who is a friend of my BIL, and he has seen the truck already. He said, "buy the paint and help me tape it, and I'll spray it and finish it for $200.00". Another guy has offered his services for $400.00, but, he's got a longer waiting list.

The problem is he's got several vehicles on the agenda and we're looking at about 5 weeks before I can get this beast in to him. I know there are more guys around here who do this on the side at home and I know they would like some extra cash in the pocket. The problem is getting through all the useless comments to find these guys. Help is what I'm asking for, not cracks.

SMM

Well, I actually have already talked to a fellow in Bryans Road who is a friend of my BIL, and he has seen the truck already. He said, "buy the paint and help me tape it, and I'll spray it and finish it for $200.00". Another guy has offered his services for $400.00, but, he's got a longer waiting list.

The problem is he's got several vehicles on the agenda and we're looking at about 5 weeks before I can get this beast in to him. I know there are more guys around here who do this on the side at home and I know they would like some extra cash in the pocket. The problem is getting through all the useless comments to find these guys. Help is what I'm asking for, not cracks.

SMM

By the time you have bought the paint and taped it there isn't a whole lot left to do on a $200 paint job. Spray away.

"Riiight, "I'll paint any car, any color for twenty-nine ninety-five! Riiiiiiight!"

:earl scheib:

Or should I have put this in vrai's "time capsule" thread?

Last edited:

SoMdmMusician

By the time you have bought the paint and taped it there isn't a whole lot left to do on a $200 paint job. Spray away.

That's all there is. I know most guys that paint charge for doing the whole deal of sanding, body work, priming, yadda yadda, but, this is a simple cut and dry paint it and walk away deal. I'll have all the prep work finished, all the painter dude has to do is paint the thing. It's not like I have not done this before. I'll even shoot the primer on the thing, I just want someone with skills to lay the final coat. This is not rocket science.

I had one feller quote me $3500.00, I guess he was hittin' the party punch too early in the morning.:roflmao:

I had a van painted at Macco in Waldorf, which included body work and dents pulled, plus primer and paint, and it does look awsome, complete with warranty as well... for a mere $1800.00! I just don't feel like spending that much on this old Mud & Blood deer huntin' truck.

SoMdmMusician

you get what you pay for

That's true, and fortunately this guy is employed by one of the best body/paint shops in the area that has had an excellent reputation for the past 36 years his work is excellent and the fella knows what he's doing and many of the local guys knows that he has had years of formal training for his art work. However, unfortunately, he is backed up with other vehicles that came in line before I requested his services. So, the phrase, "You get what you pay for" does not apply here. He's just one of the few people in the world who likes to help out others, without making you buy the "big jar" of Vaseline as well.