Post your Prime Rib recipe....

GreenHornet

We'll be doing our first Prime Rib ever this Christmas and my wife and I are looking for the perfect blend of seasoning and roasting. If you have a proven recipe you don't mind sharing please post.

TIA,

GH

itsbob

I bowl overhand
We'll be doing our first Prime Rib ever this Christmas and my wife and I are looking for the perfect blend of seasoning and roasting. If you have a proven recipe you don't mind sharing please post.

TIA,

GH

Order it at Outback!!

You doing an English Cut prime Rib??

Kwillia LOVES red bleeding meat on a plate, you might want to ask her what her recipe is..

lovinmaryland

TIA,

GH

I cook one every christmas eve w/ the same recipe :yum:

It is super easy and last year one of my guest said that it was the best prime rib they have ever had :diva:

Rub a 6-7 pound rib roast w/ unsalted butter sprinkle with plenty of salt and fresh cracked black pepper.

pre heat your oven to 500 degrees... bake roast for 35 minutes then turn down oven to 325 and bake for 25 minutes then turn back up to 425 and roast for another 30 minutes or until the center of the roast reads 125. Remove from the oven and let rest under aluminium foil tent for 15-20 minutes. It is delicious :yay:

TIA,

GH

Salt, pepper and a little garlic. Start it at 450 and turn it down right away to 325. I don't know how done you want it, but check it with a meat thermometer. About 20 min. per pound. That's the "keep it simple" method.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Something must be broked then. It takes me to the first post. :shrug:

It takes me directly to the post so something is broked on your end.

This is what my link goes to:
http : //forums.somd.com/food-nutrition/118780-thanksgiving-recipes.html#post2483296

PJumper

Salt, pepper and a little garlic. Start it at 450 and turn it down right away to 325. I don't know how done you want it, but check it with a meat thermometer. About 20 min. per pound. That's the "keep it simple" method.

That's pretty much the same way I cook my prime ribs, except my initial setting is only 400 for about 20 minutes then 325 for about 1 1/2 hours on a 5 lb meat. Anything smaller than 5 lbs will most likely dry out.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
It takes me directly to the post so something is broked on your end.

This is what my link goes to:
http : //forums.somd.com/food-nutrition/118780-thanksgiving-recipes.html#post2483296

:shrug:

Either way, I have the bestest recipe hands down. :lol: