Why now?

• Thread starter callmewhatuwant
  • Start date
C

callmewhatuwant

About 3 months ago a friend of mine set me up on a blind date with one of her co-workers. After about 3 fun dates where we discovered that we had a lot of things in common, things just kind of died off, mainly because of non-returned phone calls on her part and what seemed as a general lack of interest. Today, out of the blue, I have a message waiting from her on the machine when I get home from work. Question is why now did I get the return call? And should I call back? This chick is super hot. Is it wrong to let the hotness factor influence my decision?

K

Kain99

Originally posted by callmewhatuwant
This chick is super hot. Is it wrong to let the hotness factor influence my decision?

"Super Hot" Is temporary..... Ignore her for three months and then return her call. Why should you settle for someone like this?

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Originally posted by Blondie76
Maybe she was seeing other people:confused:

This is my initial assumption, too. She could have been waiting to see how something else panned out. When it didn't she chose to call you back. :shrug:

Blondie76

I say go ahead and call her back and maybe go out again. If she does the same thing after that...move on. Besides there are plenty of single women in here. :wink: :biggrin:

J

justhangn

Originally posted by callmewhatuwant Is it wrong to let the hotness factor influence my decision?

Hmmmm.....good question...... Let's say, just for funs, that you actually wish to have more with this person than just a stab in the dark. :roflmao: (Ok, I'm all better) Shoot her a call and inquire as to why it has taken her so long to call.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Uh uh. Ya'all are wrong (except maybe the prison thing). Having been there done that, speaking from the voice of wisdom :lmao:

Odds are you two did hit it off, but not in the way you think. She liked you but there was something better and more "doable" out there than you. She still likes you but you really aren't "all that" to her. She wouldn't mind hanging out maybe doing something, especially now that she has sent you the not so subtle hint that you are not her top priority in life. Just don't expect this "relationship" to go anywhere. Whatever happens will be strictly on her terms. And you probably won't get to "hit it" unless it's a curtesy "f".

My personal advice to you, if you just want to hang out with this female, call her back. Otherwise, if you are searching for something more, look elsewhere and forget about her.

The only exception to this, is when one or both are already involved in some type of relationship and the other party calls back on occassion just to see if you are free yet. However, this is a case of knowing that there already is a pre-existing relationship.

Good luck. :kiss:

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
She's obviously had other priorities than some guy she just met, even if you did hit it off. But maybe those priorities aren't so bad. Maybe there was a death or severe illness in the family that she had to deal with. Maybe she lost her job and has been expending her energies getting a new one. Maybe it's been a major project at work she wanted to focus on.

Ask the friend who set you up, maybe they know. If not, call her and ask her where she's been all this time. Let her know that since she didn't seem interested, despite the fact you seemed to hit it off, you went on to pursue other options. But leave the door open in case she did have a good reason to lay low.

C

callmewhatuwant

Ok, I think the consensus is to make the call. If nothing else, just to hear her story and not to expect much (I don’t). My friend told me that she had recently ended a long term relationship a month or so before our initial date so there may have been baggage left over from that. I know that jail was not the case.

SxyPrincess

I'd give it a day or two, then return her call. If a 'sexual' relationship doesn't evolve from this, at least you've made a new friend. :wink:

SxyPrincess

My friend told me that she had recently ended a long term relationship a month or so before our initial date so there may have been baggage left over from that.
At least she saved you the drama from being caught in the middle.

Does it really matter what her excuse was? :shrug: I'd pretend like the first few dates never happened and just start fresh. :cheers:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You're thinking too much about this, Call. Just give the girl a buzz and say, "Hey, it's good to hear from you." And don't listen to people who advise you to play games and be retarded. :duh:

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Re: Re: Re: Why now?

Point Taken

Not sure which point you gleamed from that.
But I didn't say anything was wrong with it. I just thought it was a funny question :biggrin:

I'd call her... not right away... but I'd give it a day or three.
And if she's hot? Hell yes, I'd call her. :yay:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Call her, go out with her, and then when the evening (or possibly the morning) is done ask about the time lag.