T3: Rise of the Machines (No spoilers)

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Terminator 3 Rocks! :dude: But only if you're a Terminator fan; if you're not then you probably won't like it.

There's a new John Conner, a new Terminator and a few new players. The dialogue and acting in the beginning is somewhat cheesy and raw but it gets better. It's not the acting that keeps us coming back for more anyway, it's the fighting, chasing, and blow 'em up action scenes - there are plenty of them here too. Oh yeah! :cheers:

The story line wasn't too bad, a few twists and turns and they leave you waiting for T4 but you don't feel cheated at the end.

Along with some classic Arnie lines and a splash of humor here and there, I loved it and I want to see it again. :biggrin:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Good - then you can go see it again with me when I go. I have sooo been looking forward to this since I saw the first preview!

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
OK. How did you see T3 already? It wasn't supposed to be shown until July 02. Midnight showing?

This one has the Terminatrix right? :really:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Kyle

Yep and she's bad too! Arnie has met his match. :lmao:

There was a sneak preview last night. :wink:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Larry wants a weapons report. :lol:

We're going. I rarely see movies at the movie house - typically I wait for video. T3 will be a big screener. :yay:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Sharon
Yep and she's bad too! Arnie has met his match. :lmao:

There was a sneak preview last night. :wink:
Sounds entertaining.

I dont' want to wait for video, that could take a year. Big screen :yay:

Have to see if I can sneak out late one evening.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by vraiblonde
Larry wants a weapons report. :lol:

:roflmao:

Without spoiling it, anything and everything (including the Terminators themselves) are used as weapons. I don't think he'll be disappointed.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Kyle
OK. How did you see T3 already? It wasn't supposed to be shown until July 02. Midnight showing?

And that would have been this morning, wouldn't it?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Ken King
And that would have been this morning, wouldn't it?
That's why I inquired about the midnight showing last night (it complys with the contract for July 02 and gets them income 18 hours earlier)

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
No midnight movies for me during the week. :dead:

There was an 8pm showing at the Apex in Calvert last night. It was advertised on the billboard.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I hope you...

...are right!

The T series has one thing all the other action flicks just don't have: Plausibility.

WHAT?

Stay with me here. Yeah, we're talking about time machines and computers taking over and all sorts of things rather unlikely...for now.

BUT...it really takes no giant leap to conceive of these things in the not to distant future. Micro machines, Pentium 50's, bionic parts...it is plausible and requires no little green men from Mars.

So, to the action. Bruce and Sly and Mel and all the rest cook off millions of rounds, set off tons of explosives and shoot people right between the eyes with their last round from a snub nose .38 from 100 yards while both parties are flying helicopters upside down with their teeth. All the while the bad guys might score a flesh wound or two with 50 people blazing away with AK-47's from 10 paces.

Arnold and the other T's CAN blaze away through tear gas, flames and immense showers of bullets from helicopters and zap you with a snub nose from 200 yards. All the while taking damage but still functioning. They are machines!

Plausible, I tell you!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Okay, we saw it tonight - EXCELLENT flick. Like Sharon said, it leaves a logical sequel but doesn't cheat the end. Worth the $8! :yay:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Ditto...

...T time again!

I have read that, as Cameron is not directing, there is a disconnect between the first two and this one.

I didn't see it.

I think 1 and 2 are very different. Arnold has NO humanity in 1, which is why it forever will be the best. 3 is right there with 2, IMHO, sans Sarah which I do think suxs. To me, she is as important as anything and we don't get to see the toughest person on the history of the world go to down swinging.

I can nit pick, but, after the disappointments of movies I was looking forward to, LOTR II and Gods 'n Ted Turner, I'd go see T3 again. Right now.

"Talk to the hand..."

Larry Gude

Strung Out
That one and the RV...

..."You're levity is good. It relieves tension and keeps your mind off of death"...

or something like that!

Terminator with a Masters in psychology!

SmallTown

Football season!
Good movie... Gotta love movies like this and X-Men (number 1, never saw number 2 so I can't comment) where they put beautiful women on the screen and give them like zero lines to say... No need to spoil a good thing I guess! Now if I could only find a women that can do what she did with her legs in the fight seen with arnie... Flexible little lady! :biggrin:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Watched it last night. Now I'm kick'n myself for missing it in the theatre.

If you haven't seen it yet... Grab some beer, duct-tape everyones mouth shut and fire up the DVD player. Great flick!

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I don't know if they could get rid of him completely without losing some of the draw... But if they planned to do it in the next four years they'll have to do without him.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by cariblue
I think it's time to replace Arnie.
Nooooo! I could see if he was all flabby and fat, but he's still eye candy. :biggrin: