Looking for info

mamajo

I am trying to find out what it takes to get a bike thu inspection and tagged here in maryland, I am bringing it up from NC, it's passed inspection there twice every year but its being retitled here to me and I don't have a clue how to go about this. I can't drive it to inspection as I don't have a MD permit for it yet. My learners expired. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Its a small Honda Rebel...my beater bike till I can regain my seat.
I know lots of you guys and gals ride and I am hoping to get all the info I can.
Thanks

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I am trying to find out what it takes to get a bike thu inspection and tagged here in maryland, I am bringing it up from NC, it's passed inspection there twice every year but its being retitled here to me and I don't have a clue how to go about this. I can't drive it to inspection as I don't have a MD permit for it yet. My learners expired. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
I know lots of you guys and gals ride and I am hoping to get all the info I can.
Thanks

PM/ask motomandan. He can probably give you all your answers.. and help you get it done.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Thanks

Once inspected, you just bring the inspection certificate and registration/title stuff to MVA and they'll issue you tags. You don't have to have a permit or license to register it. While there, take your test for your permit....I think it's $35 to take it and if you flunk it, you can take it again the next day for no additional charge. You can download the MVA morotcycle book and print it out and study it prior to the test.

ShyGirl

Here's a link to the Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration: MVA Home Page

When I did mine, I asked a licensed friend to drive it to the inspection station for me.

I took mine to the Harley dealership for the inspection, it cost $46 (in 2005).

I have two Title/Registration receipts from the MVA:

T Tax

ShyGirl

Here's a link to the Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration: MVA Home Page

When I did mine, I asked a licensed friend to drive it to the inspection station for me.

I took mine to the Harley dealership for the inspection, which cost $46 (in 2005).

I have two Title/Registration receipts from the MVA:

T Tax 32
T Fee 23
TM Tag 20

Reg 70
Rg Srchg 27

I kind-of, sort-of, try-to drive a 1985 Honda Shadow.

I hope this helps!

Mikeinsmd

Hewitt's did ours. Next to the bowling alley on 235......

Once inspected, you just bring the inspection certificate and registration/title stuff to MVA and they'll issue you tags. You don't have to have a permit or license to register it. While there, take your test for your permit....I think it's $35 to take it and if you flunk it, you can take it again the next day for no additional charge. You can download the MVA morotcycle book and print it out and study it prior to the test.

:yeahthat: