Doral Golf Resort - Miami, FL

johnjrval424

Soooooooo...since my husband is the world's largest golf enthusiast (well, in my world anyway) and since we have no younguns at home, I decided to book a last minute trip to somewhere. After much thought, I decided upon Florida (primarily because it is 80* and a 2-hour plane ride).

I did a complete package through Expedia and reserved us a room at the Doral Country Club, Resort and Spa which encompasses 625 acres in Miami - 5 golf courses (which includes the infamous "Blue Monster" course which Tiger Woods is the current champion) among other amenities.

Best part of it all - hubby has no clue! He knows we are going to Florida but doesn't know that we are staying at Doral. And BTW, this trip didn't cost anywhere near what you are probably thinking which is why I jumped on it immediately. However, that being said, has anyone ever been there or know someone who has been there very recently? If so, is it as terrific as all the websites claim? Each one I've visited ranks it a 4-star hotel - but you know how those rating websites go.

Just curious if anyone can give me some info. One day will be spent driving to Key West and I've also booked us a round of golf at Doral, which was my indulgence, but hopefully will be worth it.

We leave Tuesday (Xmas) morning! :yahoo:

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
My father used to live on the Gold course section of Doral,when i was little.That is where i learned how to play golf,that place is amazing.I was born in Miami,FL.I have been there SEVERAL times.Your husband is gonna love it,i promise.If you get a chance,stop by a little breakfast place called Her-Bets.My father's partner in business,it's his wifes parents place.They named a burger after him in there,it's called the Larry Burger.The joker is BIG and delicious,.It's right down the street from Doral,not hard to find at all.Anyway,hope you guys have fun and Happy Holidays to you.

johnjrval424

My father used to live on the Gold course section of Doral,when i was little.That is where i learned how to play golf,that place is amazing.I was born in Miami,FL.I have been there SEVERAL times.Your husband is gonna love it,i promise.If you get a chance,stop by a little breakfast place called Her-Bets.My father's partner in business,it's his wifes parents place.They named a burger after him in there,it's called the Larry Burger.The joker is BIG and delicious,.It's right down the street from Doral,not hard to find at all.Anyway,hope you guys have fun and Happy Holidays to you.
Thanks for the recommendation! We will definitely check it out!

We are taking our Garmin GPS with us so we don't get lost - hopefully it will be in the directory. If not, I'm sure someone down there could direct us.

Happy Holidays to you!:buddies:

Do not - I repeat Do not golf across the street from the Doral... me and a buddy went there and it was like ghetto golf (that is what we called it). We were down in Miami for TDY and could not get on the Doral... plus we suck at golf anyways. :lmao:

There was what appeared to be a Section 7 housing apartment right on the 9th or 10th hole... a matress was laying out there near one of the tees... man, we had a blast! Kids were playing out on the freeways, it was like target practice!

It is like night and day from one side of the street to the other.

DEFINATELY take a ride through the Keys and enjoy yourselves!