Bacon wrapped scallops.

CandaceMM

Ummmmm ....
I dunno but please tell me when you make them. :yum:

Exactly! I'd be happy to come over and help wrap them and eat them.

I'd try the oven versus sauteeing. Just make sure you put a little butter on the bottom of the cookie sheet and turn them over while they're cooking. :buddies:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I'm sure that a hundred people have a hundred different variations on their preparation, but I cooked the bacon in a skillet a little bit before I wrap the scallops - just enough to ender out some of the fat and cook it slightly, but not so much that that bacon becomes too crisp to bend without breaking. Then wrap the bacon around the scallops and brush lightly with some Italian dressing and put under a broiler for a few minutes until the bacon becomes thoroughly cooked and the scallops are done. Don't overcook the scallops or they'll become rubbery.

I'm sure that you could skip the broiler method and do the same steps by sauteeing them in a skillet.

:yum:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
You can buy them at BJ's and just throw them in the oven.:yay: I'm pretty sure you need to broil them if you're doing them from scratch, the biggest thing is getting the bacon to cook without overcooking the scallops.

I like to wrap them in a SMALL piece of bacon (or it overpowers the scallop), put it a dish with butter and broil them with a touch of parsley on top. Don't over cook them, it ruins the scallop. Haven't done that in a long time tho. I used to get my own bay scallops, shuck them and broil them within a day of collecting them. The sea scallops just aren't the same.....

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
I'm sure that a hundred people have a hundred different variations on their preparation, but I cooked the bacon in a skillet a little bit before I wrap the scallops - just enough to ender out some of the fat and cook it slightly, but not so much that that bacon becomes too crisp to bend without breaking. Then wrap the bacon around the scallops and brush lightly with some Italian dressing and put under a broiler for a few minutes until the bacon becomes thoroughly cooked and the scallops are done. Don't overcook the scallops or they'll become rubbery.

I'm sure that you could skip the broiler method and do the same steps by sauteeing them in a skillet.

:yum:

:yum: This sounds like the plan. I am taking them to my get together tomorrow afternoon. I only have to go around the corner so I will get one of those metal, tin thingies with a cover to keep them hot. I looked on cooks.com and one recipe said to put butter and a little brown sugar on top. Another said to use olive oil and lemon and to marinate the scallops in that mixture prior to cooking. Decisions, decisions.:drool:

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
If you do decide to use a skillet with butter, place the bacon wrapped scallop on the bacon side and turn so you cook the bacon on all the sides. Use a wooden skewer to hold the bacon in place, this will also help in rotating the scallop. Then place the scallops in a hot oven (450 degrees) or under the broiler until the scallop is cooked.

ShyGirl

Here's the recipe that I got from my sister:

Wrap bacon strip around scallop

Cover with teriyaki sauce, garlic powder and pepper. Add a little water

Bake 15 min then broil til bacon is cooked.

Another variation is to use barbecue sauce - my favorite!

Bacon wrapped jalapenos are a big hit too!

Novus Collectus

Is it as simple as sauteeing the scallops in butter with bacon wrapped around them?

We used to have them at the last restaruant job I had as a prep cook. There is really no need for butter because the fat in the bacon provides all the grease needed for cooking and the bacon flavor is also stronger without any extra butter.
I used to put a few in the convection oven for myself with just the bacon wrapped scallops and nothing else. They were awesome!

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Here's the recipe that I got from my sister:

Wrap bacon strip around scallop

Cover with teriyaki sauce, garlic powder and pepper. Add a little water

Bake 15 min then broil til bacon is cooked.

Another variation is to use barbecue sauce - my favorite!

Bacon wrapped jalapenos are a big hit too!

:yeahthat: I like them with bbq sauce. Bacon wrapped water chestnuts are also yummy.