Game Stop

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
So, I bought Halo 1 for DR for Xmas, unaware that he already had it for the computer. This is for Xbox. The place I got it from on-line will not let me return it, although it is un-opened. Can I sell/trade this thing at Gamestop? Do they accept games people bring in? Tell me how it works, forumites!

Kittykat33

Why me??
So, I bought Halo 1 for DR for Xmas, unaware that he already had it for the computer. This is for Xbox. The place I got it from on-line will not let me return it, although it is un-opened. Can I sell/trade this thing at Gamestop? Do they accept games people bring in? Tell me how it works, forumites!

Yes you can sell it to game stop...they don't give you much for them but they do buy them from you.

lovinmaryland

If you paid $50 for it Game Stop will offer you $20 for it if that... No joke, my brother bought my son a game that was rated "M" so I told him he could take it there to either get cash for it or exchange it for another game and they offered him $13... mind you they had that same game brand new for $39.99 and used for $28.99

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
If you paid $50 for it Game Stop will offer you $20 for it if that... No joke, my brother bought my son a game that was rated "M" so I told him he could take it there to either get cash for it or exchange it for another game and they offered him $13... mind you they had that same game brand new for $39.99 and used for $28.99

Maybe I'll just keep it for me and learn how to play on this thing.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Game Stop is a rip, I understand that they are a buisness and have to make a profit but I was only offered $17 for a brand new game that I got form Best Buy a few days before for $60. I played it 2 hours and decided it wasn't for me. Oblivion is the game BTW, I hate GameStop.

Xaquin44

Just keep it or ebay it. Gamestop won't even give you 20$ for it as it a is very old game (Halo 1 right?).

Cowgirl

Game Stop is a rip, I understand that they are a buisness and have to make a profit but I was only offered $17 for a brand new game that I got form Best Buy a few days before for $60. I played it 2 hours and decided it wasn't for me. Oblivion is the game BTW, I hate GameStop.

Sounds like college bookstores. Buy a brand new text book for $120. When you return it at the end of the semester, they'll give ya *maybe* $20 for it. Then, they'll turn right around and sell it as a used book for $80. :rolleyes:

Sounds like college bookstores. Buy a brand new text book for $120. When you return it at the end of the semester, they'll give ya *maybe* $20 for it. Then, they'll turn right around and sell it as a used book for $80. :rolleyes:

It's a business. They offer a service to those that don't want the hassle of selling their items 'FSBO'. They are in business to make a profit and as a business they have overhead expenses to compensate for... I see no problem with the prices being quoted in this thread.

Cowgirl

It's a business. They offer a service to those that don't want the hassle of selling their items 'FSBO'. They are in business to make a profit and as a business they have overhead expenses to compensate for... I see no problem with the prices being quoted in this thread.

I had a problem with the bookstores being a business when I was a brokeded college student and I had to shell out $500-$600 a semester for books. :bawl: I couldn't even afford to buy my chem book my senior year. :bawl:

But I'm over it now. :coffee:

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!

It was ME who made this same mistake this year. I bought my 13y/o (per his request) Saints Row for X-360 which is rated M (should be rated A). I noticed the rating when I got it home and then Christmas morning I was watching him play it (initial play) and heard stuff I wouldn't want to hear with an adult playing it so it's been confiscated but I know that GameStop will only give me $9 for it and I paid $30. They certainly don't deserve to get a $21 credit for doing nothing but accepting the game IMO.

There should be a Game Trader's Group where members turn in games and get credit per game's value and then they can choose from the Game Library what they would like next at a value of what their credit is. Like a blockbuster video but only you don't have to return the game as long as you've turned in enough items that are valued at what you walk away with within reason. Funcoland use to have a great list of what games values were. I miss Funcoland, GameStop sucks.

Anyway, that's my rant. :whistle:

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
I had a problem with the bookstores being a business when I was a brokeded college student and I had to shell out $500-$600 a semester for books. :bawl: I couldn't even afford to buy my chem book my senior year. :bawl:

Don't feel bad, a guy I was sleeping with when I started UDC (who I considered my boyfriend) sold me my Spanish text book for $45 (new was $90 I think) since he had taken the class the year before and no longer needed it. If I could find him now I would kick his azz. :ohwell:

basher

LEET
Funcoland use to have a great list of what games values were. I miss Funcoland, GameStop sucks.

FYI....Funcoland and Electronics Boutique are owned by Gamestop now. There is a Funcoland in the Waldorf mall, but they have all the same crap that Gamestop has.

AndyMarquisLIVE

FYI....Funcoland and Electronics Boutique are owned by Gamestop now. There is a Funcoland in the Waldorf mall, but they have all the same crap that Gamestop has.
There's 4 different GameStop locations in Waldorf. :jameo:

They just opened a Gamestop right down the road. I rememer when Funcoland only had 17 locations worldwide and 2 of them were in Waldorf. I was so glad we moved to Waldorf. I always saw their ads in Florida magezines. Went to Funcoland and got me a Dreamcast and 7 games for it for only $150. :yahoo:

AndyMarquisLIVE

You only paid $600 for books. Damn.

I paid like $900 for books my first semester. Books cost as much as tuition. :smack:

Chainsaw Slayer

You can buy Halo 1 for 20 bucks new now. You would probably spend more money in gas to bring them the game, than gamestop would buy it for.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
You can buy Halo 1 for 20 bucks new now. You would probably spend more money in gas to bring them the game, than gamestop would buy it for.

I just looked to see what I paid for it with shipping. It was $23. Rather than pay to send it back, I'll just keep it and learn to play it, I think.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Let jaybeeztoo sell it for you on E Bay

I'm thinking about getting some stuff together for her to sell. I have my motorcycle stuff that needs to go and various other things. I'd rather have her do it and pay her her percentage than do it myself. Plus, I'm clueless on how it all works and don't wanna learn.:lmao: