Tour de France

BudoPo

Lance Armstrong had a pretty good showing in the prologue today, coming in 7th. A couple of other USPS riders came in 2nd and 3rd, so the team looks pretty good. Lance is the favorite to win, but Jan Ulrich is a major threat. It should be interesting to see if any serious competition happens between the two of them. It would've been more interesting if Marco Pantani was in it, but his team wasn't too strong, so I don't think he would've been much of a threat.

If he doesn't have any major set backs, Lance might pull off a 5th straight win.

Agee

Larry couldn't agree more...

Unbeilivable day for Floyd Landis. Won the last mountain stage, and in doing so, jumped from; 11th, 8:30 out, to 3rd .30 secs out. This after totally tanking the race yesterday. :patriot:

oldman

Lobster Land
Airgasm said:
Larry couldn't agree more...

Unbeilivable day for Floyd Landis. Won the last mountain stage, and in doing so, jumped from; 11th, 8:30 out, to 3rd .30 secs out. This after totally tanking the race yesterday. :patriot:

That is unreal to make up that much time. And didn't I hear that he did it without his team? Makes one wonder what was wrong with him yesterday because I don't think he was saving himself for today.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Landis won it. I wonder how long before the French claim he was doping?

Agee

Ken King said:
Landis won it. I wonder how long before the French claim he was doping?

Quite impressive!
Heard from an interview, the French are quite taken with Landis. They like the fact "that he is a farmer, a man of the earth"...

Landis winning the Tour de France, Woods winning the Open, in the same day, and in Europe! :patriot:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Airgasm said:
Quite impressive!
Heard from an interview, the French are quite taken with Landis. They like the fact "that he is a farmer, a man of the earth"...

Landis winning the Tour de France, Woods winning the Open, in the same day, and in Europe! :patriot:
Yeah, quite impressive indeed I had recently heard that he is a Mennonite. And in need of a hip replacement too. Way to tough it out and comeback. :yahoo: