CF card goes for a...

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
... swim.

So I had one of my cards in a pants pocket, came home, suffered a mental lapse, and subsequently tossed the pants including the CF card into the wash.

I did not realize until the wash was done and I was moving the clothes to the dryer.

The card was locked in its little [plastic] case, so I took it out and wiped off the water.

I was afraid it had been ruined, but I plugged it into my computer's CF reader and it seemed to read fine... but I'm still afraid to put it in my camera because I don't want to short it out. The card has now been sitting for more than a day. I think I will test it some more, moving files to and from. I'm just glad it was one of my smaller, lesser-used cards.

Has anyone else ever done this? :doh:

LOL

Has anyone else ever done this? :doh:

I haven't put a card through, I did however run a jump drive through the washer and dryer. It came out fine, nearly 2 years and it is still working. I can't believe it but I will definitely get sandisk products in the future because of that.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
I will definitely get sandisk products in the future because of that.
:yay: This card is a SanDisk, as are my others. I have never had a fault with them (over 2.5 years) and will stick with them.

Tomcat

Anytime
Put it in a baggie and bury it in some kitty litter for a day or more, should remove any trace of moisture remaining.