Need a trustworthy used car dealership

jennh579

Hello everyone, I am in need of a car and I am looking for a used car dealership that is trustworthy and good. I can't afford to be ripped off at this time but I really need to replace my car. I'm looking for a used car thats no older than 5 years. If anyone could offer name(s)/location of a dealership that you have dealt with and are pleased with I would really appreciate it. thanks so much

MLGTS08

live.LAUGH.love
I highly reccomend Tom Hodges, in hollywood. Although many will disagree, if your buying a used car there is risk of it breaking. I would def suggest getting one with at least a small warranty. Good Luck! :yay:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I highly reccomend Tom Hodges, in hollywood. Although many will disagree, if your buying a used car there is risk of it breaking. I would def suggest getting one with at least a small warranty. Good Luck! :yay:

Let's see, my son bought a used car there with 30,000 miles on it.. AND bought the warranty..

He's got my truck to drive now because they've being doing "warranty work" on it now for over a month.

They've fixed it three times now and given it back to him, and still won't start.. and they provide no proof that they've done anything at all, other than saying "It's fixed, come get it!"

So here's a 20 year old college student making payments on a car he can't drive because they are "fixing it".. and do they offer him a loaner.. or ANYTHING to help out.. no.

MLGTS08

live.LAUGH.love
They've fixed it three times now and given it back to him, and still won't start.. and they provide no proof that they've done anything at all, other than saying "It's fixed, come get it!"

Why would you/he accept it back if it will not start, and how do you get it home without starting it?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Why would you/he accept it back if it will not start, and how do you get it home without starting it?

It starts and runs when he goes to pick it up at the dealership, but come the next morning when he needs to get to work, no Joy..

It's been a month, after you've been without a car for month that you are making payments on AND is under warranty, what would you expect your dealership to do for you?

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
It appears to be an issue of the car not starting when the temperature falls below a certain temperature.

Go out at 7:00 am and more often than not, the car will not start.

Go out at 1:00 pm and the car will likely start, although sometimes it won't start.

You'd think that they'd at least make an offer of a "loaner" car to use while the car is being evaluated and worked on until it truly gets "fixed".

latinamomma

Transam's wife
Hello everyone, I am in need of a car and I am looking for a used car dealership that is trustworthy and good. I can't afford to be ripped off at this time but I really need to replace my car. I'm looking for a used car thats no older than 5 years. If anyone could offer name(s)/location of a dealership that you have dealt with and are pleased with I would really appreciate it. thanks so much

You might want to try the Suburu in Waldorf....speak with Will Preslar. He's the assistant manager there. He will get anyone into a new or used car!!:yahoo:

MLGTS08

live.LAUGH.love
It appears to be an issue of the car not starting when the temperature falls below a certain temperature.

Go out at 7:00 am and more often than not, the car will not start.

Go out at 1:00 pm and the car will likely start, although sometimes it won't start.

You'd think that they'd at least make an offer of a "loaner" car to use while the car is being evaluated and worked on until it truly gets "fixed".

Ask for proof of them working on and fixing it. Threaten to take legal action, that should solve the problem real quick.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Ask for proof of them working on and fixing it. Threaten to take legal action, that should solve the problem real quick.

What legal action exactly??

Buying a used car your legal options are very limited.. You aren't protected by lemon laws.. and it's Caveat Emptor for most cases.. "Buyer Beware"

He bought from Hodges because of remarks in here about how great a dealer he was.. of course all of the 'great' remarks were from people that bought from him that had no repair issues.. and we really didn't get a feeling about how they treat customers with issues.

WE know now, that they won't do what you'd expect a dealer to do..

Kittykat33

Why me??

Just a tip.....If you buy a vehicle from like Car Max or something and get their warranty..not all dealerships take those warrantys. Working at a dealership I have come to see things like that. I will ALWAYS buy a new or used vehicle from a dealership. Just wanted to let you know that.

MLGTS08

live.LAUGH.love
What legal action exactly??

Buying a used car your legal options are very limited.. You aren't protected by lemon laws.. and it's Caveat Emptor for most cases.. "Buyer Beware"

He bought from Hodges because of remarks in here about how great a dealer he was.. of course all of the 'great' remarks were from people that bought from him that had no repair issues.. and we really didn't get a feeling about how they treat customers with issues.

WE know now, that they won't do what you'd expect a dealer to do..

I just figured if they say its under warranty and will not fix it there would be some sort of legal action to take. Sorry about the bad experiences.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I just figured if they say its under warranty and will not fix it there would be some sort of legal action to take. Sorry about the bad experiences.

We are at a loss as to what to do next, was hoping you would suggest something...

blazinlow89

Big Poppa
Originally Posted by latinamomma
You might want to try the Suburu in Waldorf....speak with Will Preslar. He's the assistant manager there. He will get anyone into a new or used car at an 18% APR!!

Originally Posted by itsbob
:fixed:

LOL, i got my trailblazer from one of the other southerns dealerships. Got a high APR, but i had no credit. Make sure you get them to do a carfax before you even test drive a vehicle your looking at. They wanted to put me a car that had been in 3 accidents. Foun the TB for 17, no accidents, and it was a lease vehicle.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
LOL, i got my trailblazer from one of the other southerns dealerships. Got a high APR, but i had no credit. Make sure you get them to do a carfax before you even test drive a vehicle your looking at. They wanted to put me a car that had been in 3 accidents. Foun the TB for 17, no accidents, and it was a lease vehicle.

Southerns was where I bought my LR.. and it was at a high APR.. but that was after years of being a broke college student..

The good news.. I just paid it off today.. 2 years early!!!