Reptile Food in SoMD?

HappyInSoMD

Are there any small pet stores that sell worms and crickets for Reptiles in or near Mechanicsville? (Other than PetSmart & Petco)

HappyInSoMD

Hmm, I'll have to try that... But I don't think mealworms and waxworms are gonna come from there.... Crickets, maybe. Thanks!! Just moved down here, and it's a darn shame to have to drive all the way into waldorf for the stuff....

M

Mousebaby

Are there any small pet stores that sell worms and crickets for Reptiles in or near Mechanicsville? (Other than PetSmart & Petco)

Only place I know of is Corner Critters in Leonardtown. Don't feed insects from outside, they may have poison in them that they have ingested and then they kill your pet. Always get them from the petstore! Just an FYI! :howdy:

workaholic

Save the Tatas!!!

Have you tried Corner Critters in Leonardtown. They are on the square over by the County Seat and Combs and Drury Insruance.

:coffee:

workaholic

Save the Tatas!!!
Only place I know of is Corner Critters in Leonardtown. Don't feed insects from outside, they may have poison in them that they have ingested and then they kill your pet. Always get them from the petstore! Just an FYI! :howdy:

This wasn't there a second ago. Sorry to post the same info twice.

HappyInSoMD

Jetmonkey - Where do you order if you don't mind my asking..

backagain39 - I have a Leopard Gecko

Mousebaby - Thanks for that info.. Didn't even cross my mind til ya mentioned it.

New to the area, will try Corner Critters & the Tackle Box!

THANKS EVERYBODY!!

jetmonkey

To be honest with you I can't remember anymore. But if you google wax worms, several vendors pop up; Fiddle Creek Farms, NY Worms, Reptile Food.com.... it's actually the banner ad for this thread. They should all carry crickets, too. Leopard Geckos are really neat, I loved mine. They are real escape artists, too. If you mail order a box of crickets and set them up in an aquarium they will self sustain reproductively for quite a while. You can gut load them for you lizards that way, too.

Busterduck

Kiss my Ass
Jetmonkey - Where do you order if you don't mind my asking..

backagain39 - I have a Leopard Gecko

Mousebaby - Thanks for that info.. Didn't even cross my mind til ya mentioned it.

New to the area, will try Corner Critters & the Tackle Box!

THANKS EVERYBODY!!

They also sell them on e-bay. Can you imagine that? I just ordered from a vendor on e-bay. Typically I order from Armstrongs Cricket Farm. Armstrong Crickets -.

jetmonkey

You know, that might be where I used to get mine. Armstrong sounds really famailiar, and I remember the Superworms. The box had a cricket dressed up like a hayseed on the side. The post office actually stayed open late for me one day because my cricket box had come in damaged in shipping and they were getting out. The boxes they ship in now look a lot sturdier.

thepitkennel

I KNOW OF A WONDERFUL PET STORE IN DUNKIRK...THEY HAVE GREAT PRICES!!! IT IS CALLED ANIMAL WORLD...IF YOU ARE COMING FROM MECHANICSVILLE, YOU SHOOT OVER RT 231, AND THEN GO NORTH ON 4, AND IT WILL BE ON YOU RIGHT HAND SIDE UP BEFORE YOU GET TO THE DUNKIRK SHOPPING CENTER...THE SIGN OUTSIDE SAYS "PET STOP" OR "PET STORE" AND IT IS NEXT TO A SPRINT STORE...

THE OWNER, DANIEL, IS AWESOME!!! WE HAVE BEEN GOING TO THEM FOR 2 YEARS---AND WE LIVE DOWN IN LEX PK...