Woot!

MrX

High Octane
My new tripod and ball head came in today! Im pretty excited, my old tripod was a cheap POS and would barely support my camera, let alone with a lens on it. I cannot wait to go shoot with it :yahoo:

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
my old tripod was a cheap POS
:lol: I had a similar POS, until I upgraded to a Bogen-Manfrotto last April. It has a tilt/pan head, but I want to get a ball head also.

Dang thing will support a concrete block... but it's a biatch to carry for an extended period. :lol:

MrX

High Octane
:lol: I had a similar POS, until I upgraded to a Bogen-Manfrotto last April. It has a tilt/pan head, but I want to get a ball head also.

Dang thing will support a concrete block... but it's a biatch to carry for an extended period. :lol:

:killingme Sounds like my new one...but its not a Manfrotto though. Mine came with a tilt/pan head as well but I will probably stick with the ball head. I didnt know how to act when I mounted my 70-200mm f/2.8 on it with camera body attached and the thing didnt budge! My old one would only work if I had the 50mm lens on it, anything else would make the head tilt over and you couldnt tighten it enough to make it stop. Let me know if you want to try the ball head on your tripod, you're more than welcome to; it fits 3/8 and 1/4 mounts.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
Let me know if you want to try the ball head on your tripod, you're more than welcome to; it fits 3/8 and 1/4 mounts.
No, thanks. I've used one... I just haven't bought one yet, and I'm not in a big hurry. The tilt/pan works fine with most of my subjects (nature), and I actually like the more patient, deliberate movements of using a tilt/pan; using the ball would be handy while shooting an event, when I must move faster.

Other features I like about my new tripod are the height - this one is at least 6.5 feet fully extended, where the old one was only about 5.5 feet, which was occasionally limiting; and the ability to move each leg independently - great when standing in awkward positions, like on rocks.

My tripod is one item I had long thought could perform sufficiently well even if it was a cheap model... only after upgrading did I realize how important the extra stability could be.

MrX

High Octane
No, thanks. I've used one... I just haven't bought one yet, and I'm not in a big hurry. The tilt/pan works fine with most of my subjects (nature), and I actually like the more patient, deliberate movements of using a tilt/pan; using the ball would be handy while shooting an event, when I must move faster.

Other features I like about my new tripod are the height - this one is at least 6.5 feet fully extended, where the old one was only about 5.5 feet, which was occasionally limiting; and the ability to move each leg independently - great when standing in awkward positions, like on rocks.

My tripod is one item I had long thought could perform sufficiently well even if it was a cheap model... only after upgrading did I realize how important the extra stability could be.

Okay, just thought Id throw the offer out there.

I have a tipt/pan head for mine as well, and I was looking at it a little more thoroughly tonight, looks like its pretty nice! Im still going to try that one too.

I had a similar thought about my cheap tripod, but that was soon dismissed once I tried to use it with a different lens. Im very happy that I went with a better one that will support everythign I can put on it. Now I just need to use it..lol.