have you been to Alaska and Australia?

marianne

Starting to plan 10th anniversary. We had always talked about going kayaking in Alaska. Found a few cruises to central south Alaska (Seward, Kodiak) rather than touristy inner passage. Plan to spend a few days kayaking once we get there. But toying with the idea of scrapping Alaska and going to Australia. I know a lot of people who went to Alaska and a few that went to Australia but no one I know has visited both and can compare the two. Has anyone here gone to both Alaksa and Australia? If so, which place would you choose to go?

nosey

Sorry, never been to Alaska, but have spent a good bit o' time in Oz. Have been to Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney and a bit outside of Sydney. Wonderful place, wonderful people. What do you want to know? Aside from the incredibly long flight there is nothing to complain about and everything to rave about. Oz is not your best place for shopping, but if you want to see the sights and get to know the people, you are spot on.

W

Wenchy

Starting to plan 10th anniversary. We had always talked about going kayaking in Alaska. Found a few cruises to central south Alaska (Seward, Kodiak) rather than touristy inner passage. Plan to spend a few days kayaking once we get there. But toying with the idea of scrapping Alaska and going to Australia. I know a lot of people who went to Alaska and a few that went to Australia but no one I know has visited both and can compare the two. Has anyone here gone to both Alaksa and Australia? If so, which place would you choose to go?

I had the pleasure of living in Alaska for several years while young. The memories and cheesy polaroid pictures are amazing. If you are going off the beaten track I would imagine it would still be an unspoiled frontier.

I always wanted to go to Australia. I didn't get the chance, but my sister did. When she got off the plane to go meet our father, a woman spit on her in the airport and called her a "Sheila". :lmao:

She was also there during the "winter" and said she hated everything about it.

Alaska! :yay:

Last edited by a moderator:

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I've been to both places. The gold coast of Australia is a tropical paradise. Just about anywhere in Alaska outside of Anchorage is paradise.