Death Valley

C

czygvtwkr

Just visited Death Valley, it was a nice very desolate drive but I was a little disappointed by the lack of things to see other than scenery, but also nice that it definately is not commercialized. There were a lot of campers and that looked like it would be fun, I am out this way for work so I figured I would go see it.

Got some great pictures and a nice T-Shirt. It was worth the trip from China Lake in all.

C

czygvtwkr

Had to wear a coat today, so of course I kept the AC off

Just visited Death Valley, it was a nice very desolate drive but I was a little disappointed by the lack of things to see other than scenery, but also nice that it definately is not commercialized. There were a lot of campers and that looked like it would be fun, I am out this way for work so I figured I would go see it.

Got some great pictures and a nice T-Shirt. It was worth the trip from China Lake in all.

Did you see that area with the moving rocks? I always thought that would be neat to see. How about Scottys Castle?

C

czygvtwkr

Did you see that area with the moving rocks? I always thought that would be neat to see. How about Scottys Castle?

I had a rental car and the place with the moving rocks (racetrack) requires a high clearance vehicle to get there. I didn't go to Scotty's Castle because with a regular car that was the only thing on that end of death valley that I could get to.

I pretty much hit everything else, StovePipe Wells, Furnace Creek, Artists Pallate, Bad Water.

I recomend going if your near by in the winter months.

C

czygvtwkr

I've always considered rentals to be high clearance vehicals

ROFL Well I was wondering if the rental agency would send someone out to pick me up if the car "broke down". That drive is pretty long and desolate......

It was a Honda Accord. So I didn't take any chances.

Pushrod

Patriot
They had an article about Death Valley in one of the recent National Geographics. Good article and excellent pics. I want to visit there also now!

They had an article about Death Valley in one of the recent National Geographics. Good article and excellent pics. I want to visit there also now!

They say no one has ever seen those rocks move. I think they should put a rock cam out there.