What photo site is best?

I

Inkpen

Looking for a photo site where photos can be shared yet not taken, (copy/paste, save, save as)
Any places out there or should I imprint a "©" into the image to protect it?

Right now I have a few at SmugMug
Why? because I can post large photos instead of something small....

Thanks....:howdy:

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
Looking for a photo site where photos can be shared yet not taken, (copy/paste, save, save as)
Any places out there or should I imprint a "©" into the image to protect it?

Right now I have a few at SmugMug
Why? because I can post large photos instead of something small....

Thanks....:howdy:

Inkpen, you can watermark on Smumug without actually putting a physical watermark on your photos. You can also right click protect your galleries and you can turn off external link so people can't link to your images. (Of course than neither can you, external links must be on or any images you link will show as red "x"s.) Smugmug also recently added a "hide photos" feature so even if you have a public gallery you can hide certain photos from public view.

Also adding a watermark is not much of a deterent anymore. Even if you disable right click people still can print screen and "grab" the image that way. I watermark with my website address. Hopefully the person's thievery turns into publicity.

You can also add your own "warning to right click" by entering the "customize" window. Scroll down to Javascript and put in something like this

rightClickWarning = "All photos are (C) Inkpen. All rights reserved. Unauthorized use is prohibited."

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
There was an article in the Post this week (Sat or Sun) about companies trolling the internet for pics to use in advertising. Even if you post your images on the internet they are still your intellectual property even if you do not do not put a © on your pictures. There have been a couple of lawsuits over this already that have been won by the photographers and their (human) subjects.

jbr13

www.jbr.smugmug.com
Inkpen, Christina is right about smugmug. It has many features ready to be used to protect your images. I have enjoyed my smugmug site for over a year and the Dgrin.com forum attached to smugmug has very good helpful people also.

Jason