Dinner Ideas

lovinmaryland

Ok I need some new dinner ideas, I am getting a little burnt out on the same old same stuff. Does anybody have any thing they have made recently that was really good? Or something that is a favorite dinner you would be willing to share? TIA :huggy:

Nanny Pam

Someone else posted this in here so I tried it. It was :yum:

Mexican Lasagna.

INGREDIENTS
1 pound lean ground beef
1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
1 (14 ounce) stewed tomatoes w/green pepper & onion
10 (6 inch) corn tortillas
1 can (16 oz.)refried beans
1 cup prepared salsa (medium)
2 cup shredded Colby cheese

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef, and stir in the taco seasoning, refried beans, and stewed tomatoes. Line a 9x13-inch baking dish with half the tortillas. Spoon half of the beef mixture into the dish, sprinkle some cheese, then top with the remaining tortillas, then the rest of the beef mixture. Spread salsa over the top and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 20 to 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.

Nanny Pam

We like this short-cut dinner, too....
Box of Mac & cheese, cooked according to directions.

1 can of tuna in water, drained
1 box of frozen peas.

Mix it all together and top with extra shredded cheese...9x12 casserole dish sprayed with Pam and bake in 350 oven for 1/2 hr.

Easy, quick all-in-one-dish dinner. :yay:

R

Roxy1104

What do you usually fix? Any special type of food you looking for a recipe for?

Roberta

OLD WISE ONE
Ok I need some new dinner ideas, I am getting a little burnt out on the same old same stuff. Does anybody have any thing they have made recently that was really good? Or something that is a favorite dinner you would be willing to share? TIA :huggy:

Veggie Soup??
Veggie broth, or water and veggie bullion
any raw veggies, barley or rice you have on had along with any seasonings you might want, simmer till veggies are done, add any canned veggies, beans ect. Serve with good crusty bread and butter. Applesauce or canned fruit along side. This covers all food groups and is good in the cold weather we are having today.

snowangel8119

fearless girlie girl
something quick and soooo good!!! Mediterranean style Shrimp & Penne Primavera Bertolli Skillet dinner. they have a bunch of different types. doesn't take long to cook at all. if you want something fast easy and good.

Christy

b*tch rocket
Kalbi ribs

This is the best recipe out there. :yay:

FamilyFood: Kalbi: Korean Barbecue Beef Ribs

The only difference in my recipe is that I don't grind up the sesame seeds and I cut the green onions in half rather than dicing them so I can grill them with the ribs. You can also substitute the Asian pear with a regular pear if you have trouble finding an Asian pear.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Wal-Mart, of all places, has small marinated pork butts - 1 to 2 pounds, just right for a family. Stick it in the crockpot with a can of Rotel, then make pulled pork sandwiches, tacos, enchiladas, chili or just about anything you think sounds good.

I would make a Mexican pizza out of it:

Make your pizza dough or buy a pre-made crust.
Rub the crust with olive oil and layer on enchilada sauce, then top with Mexican blend shredded cheese, sliced green olives, black beans, and the pork. Garnish with diced tomatoes.

smilin

BOXER NATION
Parmesan Baked Salmon

Here is a fantastic, easy recipe I stole from kraftfoods.com or foodnetwork.com:

Parmesan Baked Salmon
1/4 cup Grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup Mayonnaise
dash Cayenne pepper
1 - 1 1/2 lb Salmon fillet
2 tbs Lemon or Lime juice

PreheatOven to 400 degrees. Mix cheese, mayo, and pepper ( I also add 1 tsp Dill) until well blended; set aside
Place Salmon skin side down, on foil covered baking sheet, Drizzle with with Lemon or Lime juice. Top and spread cheese mixture evenly to cover salmon.
Bake 18 - 20 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with fork Cut into six pieces to serve.

My kids love this recipe and so do I because it's soooooooo easy & quick!

:drool:

vbailey

vbailey
bake boneless chicken breast untill done, open jar of med. spice salsa pour on top of chicken. Put it back in oven untill heated, melt shredded cheddar cheese over top.
Serve over white rice. My family loves it. It is so easy.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
bake boneless chicken breast untill done, open jar of med. spice salsa pour on top of chicken. Put it back in oven untill heated, melt shredded cheddar cheese over top.
Serve over white rice. My family loves it. It is so easy.

I do something similar except I mix salsa con queso in with the rice, top the rice with chicken and top the chicken with salsa, then top with cheese. :drool:

1toomanytoys

Mix Cream of Mushroom soup with milk, canned mushrooms, Lea & Perrins, garlic and onion powder to liking and bring to a slow churning aroma filled gravy texture. Fry or broil enough hamburgers for everyone. Don't overcook because you are going to add them to the gravy mix and let them simmer for a few more minutes to add flavor to the gravy. Serve over white rice with a side of fresh steamed asparagus and/or garden salad and enjoy.
For vegetarians....whole portobella mushrooms can be cooked the same way as the burgers and are also fantastic. From stove to table in 20-25 minutes and cleanup is a snap.
Can also substitute Chicken breast.

Last edited:

vbailey

vbailey
I do something similar except I mix salsa con queso in with the rice, top the rice with chicken and top the chicken with salsa, then top with cheese. :drool:

That sounds really good too. I love easy stuff after working all day and just want to get dinner out of the way so I can do nothing the rest of the evening.