Nearby Ski Resort Recommendations

lmwelch

Hi -- Just looking for some feedback and/or recommendations on the "local" (i.e., MD, PA, W.VA, etc.) ski resorts. We'll probably do either a day trip or weekend trip, so we want to go somewhere that's no too far of a drive from So. MD. Any comments good or bad will be appreciated!

_MightyMouse_

_USMCScoutSwimmer_
Went to Wisp this past w/e, which is located in Garrett County by Deep Creek Lake. No complaints, but its a good 4hr drive from Somd. Ski Liberty is closer. There is also Seven Springs, which I find nicer of the three located in PA.

PJumper

Hi -- Just looking for some feedback and/or recommendations on the "local" (i.e., MD, PA, W.VA, etc.) ski resorts. We'll probably do either a day trip or weekend trip, so we want to go somewhere that's no too far of a drive from So. MD. Any comments good or bad will be appreciated!

We've been going to Massanutten (SP). They have a bunny slope, intermediate and expert plus rubber tubing. They also have a water park and for the adults, a live band club (Thurs - Sat). Very nice accommodations and only about 3 hours drive from here.

Elle

Happy Camper!
We went tubing at White Tail last year and plan to go to Ski Liberty next month. Both are about 3 hours from here.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
The Washington Post had an article recently that described the local ski resorts:

washingtonpost.com

The Lowdown On Local Resorts
Friday, January 4, 2008; Page WE24

Whether you're a transplanted western skiier in search of thrills or a nervous novice contemplating the bunny hill, there are plenty of places to play this winter within several hours of the Washington area. The Travel section's Carol Sottili offers this handy guide to local slopes, organized from farthest to closest to Washington.

Snowshoe Mountain Resort

Where: Snowshoe, W.Va.

Distance:257 miles (4 hours 48 minutes).

Average snow:180 inches (last season, 120 inches).

Average season length:131 days (133 days in 2006-07).

Price: High-season Friday-Sunday lift ticket is $70 for an adult (9 a.m.-10 p.m.).

Best for . . . enthusiasts serious about skiing and partying. A 1,500-foot vertical drop, three new expert trails and three terrain parks put it in the big leagues. A comedy club and nightclub keep night life fresh.
Info:877-441-4386, Ski Resorts: Snowshoe Mountain West Virginia.

Seven Springs
Mountain Resort
Where: Champion, Pa.

see link for complete article.

jenbengen

Watch it

Larry Gude

Strung Out
When were...

Went to Wisp this past w/e, which is located in Garrett County by Deep Creek Lake. No complaints, but its a good 4hr drive from Somd. Ski Liberty is closer. There is also Seven Springs, which I find nicer of the three located in PA.

...you there? I was up last Wednesday, the 9th, and it looked like it was 1/2 grass!

_MightyMouse_

_USMCScoutSwimmer_
...you there? I was up last Wednesday, the 9th, and it looked like it was 1/2 grass!

I went up on Thursday and stayed at the Silver Suites of Deep Creek off of Glendale Rd. Went skiing on Saturday. Some of the snow on black diamonds on the front side was melting, but we managed to bypass that. We left on Sunday, and go figure, it was supposed to snow. :doh: