Good Diets and Exercise

singforsam

I want to stay fit and eat right but I don't know how to go about it. Is there any sites that will help me with a good diet plan. I think I can go to 24 hour fitness for the exercise. They have fitness people there that can help me out. I just need someone to help me look for good diet plans.

Sam
Fontana

S

SmowPea

Anyone have any suggestions for those fat-burning diet pills?

J

jp2854

I have done the WW Online for quite awhile. I have been thinking about actually going to weigh-in and maybe stay for a meeting. Have you gone to any of the local meetings?

I used to go the the meetings at the knights of columbus up in leonardtown either tuesday night or wednesday am. I haven't gone in a while and need to get back on the losing weight front again.

papercutz

I want to stay fit and eat right but I don't know how to go about it. Is there any sites that will help me with a good diet plan. I think I can go to 24 hour fitness for the exercise. They have fitness people there that can help me out. I just need someone to help me look for good diet plans.

Sam
Fontana

Give up fatty foods, stop eating meat. NO FAST FOOD, its garbage. Full of fat putrid grease, chemicals and flavor enhancers.
Lots of fruit, vegs, beans and grains.
Drink water, no sodas and sugar chemical drinks
Eat food as close to their natural state, cut back on processed junk full of sugar, salt, imitation food flavors and colors.
This as to be a way of life, not a diet fad.
Its common sense, you put garbage in you are gonna be in bad health..your body is a machine, watch what you put into it.

papers right...give up the soda altogether, water makes a HUGE difference (plus your skin will look GREAT), also the more fresh food you eat the better, if it comes from a box put it down, if it's frozen it's got to be veggies that are outta season (otherwise, why would you buy frozen? lol). seriously though, to lose weight you've got to change your lifestyle...that includes adding exercise. a pill will not make you lose weight.

good luck!! :)

Toxick

Splat
I just need someone to help me look for good diet plans.

Screw plans. They're all a waste of time they rarely work.

What you need to do is find a website (preferably a medical or fitness based one that's not selling "suppliments" or "diet plans") that tells you how many calories you should consume for a person your size. Most likely it'll be around or at 2000 calories per day. There's your starting point.

If you're trying to lose weight, pick a number under that number. Usually 1200-1500 is a good guideline.

Now the fun part: You can eat ANYTHING you want, as long as the number of calories you consume over the course of the day don't exceed that number. However, what you're probably going to want to do is divide that number by 3 and then eat 3 meals whose calories amount to that quotient.

So if you're looking at 400 calorie meals you're probably going to want to eat a banana and bowl of oatmeal for breakfast, then a Tuna Sammich and an apple for lunch, and a 4 oz. chicken breast, greenbeans, and 1/2 a potater for dinner. That's just a quick idea. Mix and match to suit your tastes. Just focus on the calories, and try to keep fat and carbs to a minimum.

If you get some good exercise in, you can sneak a snack in here and there. I recommend those 100 calorie snacks that you can find all over any grocery store. Little bags of goldfish or mini-doritos.

Drink tons of water.

More than a gallon a day if you can stand it. You'll pee a lot, but your body needs the water to process the food properly.

Good luck!

Last edited:

forever jewel

Green Eyed Lady
I have done the WW Online for quite awhile. I have been thinking about actually going to weigh-in and maybe stay for a meeting. Have you gone to any of the local meetings?

Nah, I haven't been to any meetings. Although, I do have two friends who are doing WW with me, so they keep me in check. I also use the online system (sort of). I write down all my food/exercise in a notebook, but check for exercise points and healthy recipes with the WW website.

Good luck with whatever you choose! :huggy:

warneckutz

Sam
Fontana

Bodybuilding.com has a ton of information which contains a lot of diet ideas, meals and workouts.

I've had a lot of success with some of the meals and meal plans in magazines like Muscle & Fitness, FLEX, etc...

Geek

Bodybuilding.com has a ton of information which contains a lot of diet ideas, meals and workouts.

I've had a lot of success with some of the meals and meal plans in magazines like Muscle & Fitness, FLEX, etc...

:yeahthat: When Warnutz looks at a Twinkie it bursts into flames

morningbell

hmmmmmm

Sam
Fontana

where is the closest 24 hour fitness?